Cloning in 6th week of flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krikri

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi all, here's a clone I got from one of my sativas during her 6th week of flowering. It was a small lower pistil-less branch with two nodes that didn't get any light at all, so I chopped it off and planted it into wet soil, without rooting gel or anything like that, and left it in 12/12 just to see what would happen.

In about two weeks the lower leaves started yellowing, which from what I had read was a sign that it roots had started to form. Right after that there was new growth, and during the next few days the oldest leaves died completely and the clone grew more and showed pistils.

I've got a couple more branches like that in another sativa, and I'm thinking about doing the same, but these are in the 7th week of flowering now and they've already got pistils, so it would be interesting to see if I can do it again. What do you think?

IMG_3521.jpg

you prob can it just takes longer the further along it is...or just reveg the whole plant.

Ive done it and it works, just be prepared to play the waiting game. Once growth starts though look out.

Best Wishes
"P"

You can take clones anytime, it just takes longer to establish itself, and then time to reveg. I would be worried about stressing the plant that is flowering cutting on it this late in flower. The plant will end up using energy healing itself, rather than using it to produce buds. I try not to do anymore pruning then neccessary after 2 weeks into flowering.

Latest posts

Back