Cloning Querry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iamganja

Reaction score
Is it possible to clone after harvest is over? and if i did leave the bottom part and switched to 24/0 can i chop the plant in half? so basically i am growing 2 girls and i want to harvest them, but id like to have a couple clones for my next grow, can i take cuttings after harvest?

You can, but its gonna take forever to get them to root. I'nstead, harvest your plant, leaving about 1/3 left in the soil, cut down the root mass some (trying to leave the taproots intact), add new soil to where ya cut away the old soil and troots, and reveg your plant. After it is back into the vegging stage, then go ahead and take your clones from it.

so its basically like transplating my whole plant into a new pot and i jus trim the roots on it, leaving the major rooting attached to the lowest part of the stem. thats wht i understood, and the 2nd question do i harvest the plant completly and cut it in half or so leaving the 1/3 is that right ?

hello my friend...you want to leave some plant material on the stalk when revegging...PuffinAfatty has a thread here on regenerating a plant..snowwhite i think..he has harvested that plant 5 times all ready..I havent seen him around Lately but his posts are still here..you will have to search for them..try looking at the bottom of this page for related links..and IMO..the key to this method is the same as clones..PATIENTS is the key..and Lots of :heart: Good luck and keep us posted

Take all of your apical buds (colas) and remove them for the drying process. Leave as much foliage as you can (you must have photosynthesis) and then continue on with what blancolighter said about the soil. Ive done this also and it does work... it just takes forever. good luck

ya i think im gettin the hang of this, so out of both my girls we just have to wait and see who wins the role of the mother :D and 1 more question is it by any chance possible to plant clones without using rooting hormone ?

Most definately. I would say the hormone is just going to raise your chance of success...
I normally use an aero-cloner.. just ph adjusted water until they sprout roots and then into a net cup.

well i hope i find some gel in this agriculturally challenged country,and do i jus leave the popcorn buds on there, i mean when i do take a cutting wouldnt that cutting have popcorn buds on it, or would i have harvested the bottom 1/3 after the re-veg showed new growth ?

Latest posts

Back