cloning question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daf

up in smoke!!!
Reaction score
i just took a couple of cuttings of my plant, the leaves have gotten really really droopy, i took the cuttings from the lower part of the plant. using clonex and phd water 5.5. spraying dome and leaves with phd water. dont know if i am doing anytihg wrong , another question do u have to take cutting form the the base of the plant or coud it be from any part of the branch above a node. any help much appreciated

Drooping for the first 24 hours is quite normal.

I take mine from the tips of any branch.

do i put clones right under lights or do i put them on the side with not that much light instensity. 18/6 schedule. i mist dome about 3 times a day. do i open vents on dome or leave closed.

daf said:
do i put clones right under lights or do i put them on the side with not that much light instensity. 18/6 schedule. i mist dome about 3 times a day. do i open vents on dome or leave closed.
If it's flour's put em' right under the light..I like 24/7 for clones. If it's hid go at least 3ft or in the farthest corner away from light. I leave dome closed for a few days, opening once per day...then open vents for a few days,still removing once a day...then I remove it usually about 6-7days. JME

400 mh 2*4 , so i keep domes misty with water at all times, and keep vent closed

They dont need 400watts. I find that too much light can hurt the clones. I keep mine one 42w cfl bulb.

Weak flouros for my clones also. High humidity is good, I do find excessive spraying can lead to sort of a "nute wash out" - certain nutes like calcium and zinc can be leached out of the leaf w/ the sprayings. I do similar things as mentioned above. I only spray the first day or two once or twice a day. I'll open the vents after a few days and start to remove the dome on day four, and continue for longer periods everyday. Eventually, after a few days with no hood and very few leaves drooping, roots start to appear - it takes me about 8 to 11 days total cloning time. I also run my clone and veg lights 24/7. Best of luck........

i always keep rooter plugs always moist. do i need to put heat mat under dome. what is the right size and type of cfl to get or can i leave under 400 w putting the dome farthest from the light.

i use a Power Cloner 45 with a 2' 4-bulb T5.... i keep the light about 12" above the fresh cuts.... when the root i drop it down to about 4" above.... it may be a bit of excess at first, but as soon as they root they start to stretch if the light is too weak.... this method actually lets me veg my clones in the cloner for a week or 2 before I transplant and move them straight to flower....

as i said, though.... this is only my method.... some would and probably will say 96W from a T5 is too much.... i previously used an old 2' flouro shop light from home depot that was 48 watts and they rooted just fine.... i just found they stretched, literally overnight, due to lack of light once they started to root.... the T5 is almost 4x the light output as well with only twice the power usage.... in my situation, it just made more sense!

be patient my friend.... i have some that droop a bit and don't stand back up till roots are formed....

do you have a pic so we can see the plants in question?

all of them rooted and they look nice and green , thanx for the help guys . you just have to be patient

Latest posts

Back