Cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'm old fashion. I cut dip and put it in soil or a glass of water. I use to use diy bubblers with no problem but I found the soil to work just fine.

can you describe your method...I was killing all my cuts until I had a sit down with GMO via pm's and now it's 98%...tell us what your doing and you'll get the right answers...keeping the leaves dry and using enough light made all the difference for me...I was using ambient light where I needed way more light...misting the inside of the dome and not the leaves also helped...

I use Rockwood. Soak in r/o water with clonex liquid10 mil/liter for an hour. Take the cut above the node at a slight angle, lightly scuff the cut with your razor blade. Then dip in clonex rooting gel for a couple seconds. And into the dome. I use a heat mat which keeps the cut at approximately 80f. I use t-5's for lights.

Like Boo I got this from GMO. I do a few things differently than exactly what GMO told me but I get pretty much the same results. Last batch I got all but one to root in two weeks.

IMG_20230729_081654_4.jpg

100% rates available on Amazon

I also have been using an angle cut on my cutting, dip in clonex or aloe blended up from grandmas plant then into root riot cubes. Used these tiny Dixie paper cups once when I didn’t have the tray shaped to hold the cubes and never went back. I clone with these all the time now with almost 100% taking roots. I think they allow a bit more air to the sides of the root riot cube and water doesn’t sit in the cups with no holes but leach into the paper making them soft like a paper straw gets when your drink is almost finished. I think that this helps the cube maintain the proper humidity and I usually start seeing roots in about 5 days. I also use a little greenhouse with a t-5 light that sits on top as well as a heat mat with a couple towels on top to maintain box around 80F
I put these clones in about 5 days ago…
IMG_8642.jpeg

Only way I ever completely failed was those horticubes.
Not sure why exactly but never saw a single root the times I tried them.
Not super hard to do though willow water works even plain water if it's kept clean.
Most important seems to be humidity and light intensity ime.........and no cat access.

I chuck mine in a dome and set them on a south facing window. Ive been doing that for ages with peppers and herbs. The last 98 WW clones i gave away had 8" long tails in 10 days or so. Didnt have room to keep them but im keeping this Triple Sec clone no matter what it takes. :p

can you describe your method...I was killing all my cuts until I had a sit down with GMO via pm's and now it's 98%...tell us what your doing and you'll get the right answers...keeping the leaves dry and using enough light made all the difference for me...I was using ambient light where I needed way more light...misting the inside of the dome and not the leaves also helped...
Nice to know my last clones got misted everyday with a spray bottle

Nice to know my last clones got misted everyday with a spray bottle
That is interesting. I have never done that. The first 4 or five days the dome has condensation on the walls. After that the plants don't need that much. I keep the cubes moisturized with 6.2 water and that keeps enough humidity in the dome IMO.

That is interesting. I have never done that. The first 4 or five days the dome has condensation on the walls. After that the plants don't need that much. I keep the cubes moisturized with 6.2 water and that keeps enough humidity in the dome IMO.
I make the clones and then as it dries out I usually mist them a little everyday I should have been more specific. I also don’t completely dome them so they have plenty of airflow and that’s the reason they dry out. I believe in Florida you wouldn’t hardly need a dome during the first part of the summer as it is humid as hell.
I think I got lucky with the couple clones I did as just an experiment to see how easy it would be to do.
The more I read the more I think I was just lucky!

I do that too. i mist the sides and close the vents for a couple days so they can warm up good but then open the vents and only mist the cube not the leaves to keep it slightly wet sometimes I have to mist the cubes a little every day or two. I just peek in on them once a day to make sure they are not drying out. They are usually ready to plant in 5-10 days

I also have been using an angle cut on my cutting, dip in clonex or aloe blended up from grandmas plant then into root riot cubes. Used these tiny Dixie paper cups once when I didn’t have the tray shaped to hold the cubes and never went back. I clone with these all the time now with almost 100% taking roots. I think they allow a bit more air to the sides of the root riot cube and water doesn’t sit in the cups with no holes but leach into the paper making them soft like a paper straw gets when your drink is almost finished. I think that this helps the cube maintain the proper humidity and I usually start seeing roots in about 5 days. I also use a little greenhouse with a t-5 light that sits on top as well as a heat mat with a couple towels on top to maintain box around 80F
I put these clones in about 5 days ago…
View attachment 335967
View attachment 335968
How wet are the cubes when you insert cutting ?

I do that too. i mist the sides and close the vents for a couple days so they can warm up good but then open the vents and only mist the cube not the leaves to keep it slightly wet sometimes I have to mist the cubes a little every day or two. I just peek in on them once a day to make sure they are not drying out. They are usually ready to plant in 5-10 days
I had an old timer (before I was an old timer) once tell me the wall of the dome should be wet but not dripping.

Latest posts

Back