ClosetGrow420

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClosetGrow420

New Grower
Reaction score
Hello everyone! As you can tell I am new here, this being my first post. So basically this is a little information about my soon to be grow room and other things.

I have been playing HighGrow lately...also cleaning up around my room. Then I noticed my closet, being completely empty...looks almost perfect for a nice 1-3 plant grow room.

I have been researching ALOT! Also been watching movies from the basic setup to more of the complicated ones. I have decided to take the same route as Mr. Green, he is the one that paints his whole body green. "Hydroponic" system looks like the easiest to take care of...because I know I would forget to water those babies, haha.

So basically, this is my closet. Close your eyes....and imagine :D.

Measurements - It is 5 feet wide, 2 feet deep, and 8 feet high...to me it looks great, but I could be wrong, you guys are the experts :). But yeah, its just blank space.

So here are the "starter" questions...
(1) Is this a good grow room area?

Well...thats all I got right now, might as well know that before I get to far ahead of myself :D.

Thanks!

berserker said:
Well first off closet grow,:welcome: .There is alot of information to be had and shared on here.This site has alot of very good people and info on here.So i hope you find what you are looking for.Heres a good place to look and read if you have any questions.Keep it GREEN:hubba: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ead.php?t=9396

Thanks bro! Cant wait to get this operation started, hehe.

:D

That is exactly what i have for space now and im running 2 400watt hps and 1 400watt hetal halide. I usually get abot 4-16 plants in there, depending on how long i let em veg for. My temps stay at about 73-78f with lights on and about 68-66 with lights off.

Wow! Awesome man!!! Ima keep mine a lil small though, considering I live with the rents...but they are usually never around.

I guess now I can get working on a list of questions!

Thanks!!!

Yo Ho Closet,
Welcome to the site, Your space sounds real nice, You are wise to be reading and considering what you want to do. A good checklist that covers everything will help. Just don't lose the list. I gather you rent, so there is at the least a small possibility that your landlord might come by someday. You will need to vent. Can you place a hole in the wall or ceiling ?
Is there any electrical outlets or a light fixture in that closet ? Make a list, and go about it all easy and in a stealthy way.
Your number one rule, is protect thy hind quarters
1. Tell NO-ONE period
2. Look into your area's MJ laws; for instance in my area I can cultivate up to five plants, and if caught The most I will get is 2 yrs probation, but one plant over that, and I am doing time. Use your head, and as the others here seriously suggest, grow enough for your own needs, Don't get greedy, and keep the grow private.
Keep us up on how your doing OK ?
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thanks for your reply!

To answer some of your questions...I wont have to worry about a land lord considering we built the house...but I will have to worry about the parents. As for a vent...thats a negative, I am trying to figure something out for the smell...maybe a carbon filter? As for the number of plants I was thinking around 1-3 plants at a time. I have yet to tell anyone yet, or even think about telling anyone. Also, for the MJ growing laws...1 plant is illegal, lol, thanks america = /

Well...I am going to draw out some plans on paint and make a supply list, hopefully that will be up by tonight...also, I am hoping to keep a grow journal, but I am just a little worried putting those photos on the internet. I heard its perfectly safe though.

Here is a basic picture of the set up I have. I will go in to more detail later...just an image so you guys can get an idea.

One - That is the wood frame...will have a piece of wood in the front and in the back so I can have the black plastic divider go on easily...also that close rack extends out a little over a foot.

EDIT: Just removed the clothes rack...so now it is officially...BLANK SPACE

1st Closet View.jpg

Yo Ho Closet,

Yeah, I like those dimentions, your gonna have a ball later on when you start to see what you can do with that space. Funny thing is I am still thinking of new things to do with my growbox.
OK, This is going to sound like I'm coming down on ya, but I'm really not. I think I get the picture, you are the tenant, folks are the landlords. If they lived there with you I would say growing, and exposing them to it, not so good, but if your really the only one there - rock on.
Vent; I wasn't so concerned about the smell, but the heat might end up your enemy, you might consider CFL's as they are cooler, and won't really show on the electric like a 1000watter will. Course the smell will come into play later down the road.
You got me all pumped, I love the challenge of construction, and seeing what it takes to pull it all together to make it work, and work GOOD !!!
Can't wait, I'm thinking good growing for ya dude.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thanks again for the help man!!

Yeah...I think it is kinda risky...but not so much. My room already smells like straight dank, so as long as the plant smell doesnt leave my room I should be fine. :D

I should be starting construction come March, little busy till then. So till then I will work on designs and just do some research. I will keep you guys updated on how this is going.

Come March though, expect a grow journal from me! :cool:

Alright, since I have a good month before I go out and buy everything, I have a few questions...

(1) With that amount of space should I have a flowering room and a vegetative room?

(2) I was hoping to make a hydroponic system, in that amount of space, should I?

Lets get those answered then I will ask about lights!!!

Thanks everyone!!! :D

Well, i have decided to not grow until i get my own place, out of respect and other reasons, thanks guys out on the shout board ;)...i will just keep a nice seed collection till then. Film canisters? Will they stay good for a few years? give or take.

Latest posts

Back