cO2 Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramster555

Reaction score
How much CO2? for how long? and how many times a day do you inject the stuff? and also is there a inexpensive way to tell how much is being dispersed in the room (PPM) so you don't give too much Thank you growers :eek:

Not sure but i'll give your thread a bump. Maybe someone else can answer. :bump:

Thank you for the support, going to start today with Co2 I have a aqua culture reg. don't really know what to set it on I can't find a book online or web site for them...ramster:)

I can't find help so I called the office in Tempe Az. who make the regulator, they said to leave the valve open at .25 on the valve because of the room size. On after an hour of light then off one hour before so the plants don't have to fight to get CO2 now and then when on a timer. sound like good advice? anybody using co2? I will try and see it's all hit and miss anyway no exact science to any of it.:)

well plants breath CO2 so i would feed them Co2 several times a day when your lights are on cause of photosynthesis, plants take in oxygen during the night hrs. Also i take it your using a tank of some kind, so you will need a regulator. depending on your tank and your grow room size, will determine the flow. maybe someone else can help you on that aspect.

Ramster555 said:
is there a inexpensive way to tell how much is being dispersed in the room (PPM) so you don't give too much Thank you growers :eek:

Here is the least expensive way to measure CO2 levels, ive used these and I believe they work if you follow the directions, be carefull when you break the ends of the test tube as it can bust the hole tube.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CO2-Test-Kit-w-Tubes-PPM-for-CO2-Grow-Room-Levels_W0QQitemZ200031687302QQihZ010QQcategoryZ43555QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

I found that the expense of the CO2 was not worth it for my grow, you really need a sealed up grow area with a way to exhaust it out.
Maybe my temps were wrong also but I really did not see anything much from the CO2, In fact I grew much bigger buds when I did not use co2.

I know CO2 works, but you have to have the right setup to get the benifit.

Good fresh air is all you need.

Latest posts

Back