CO2 whats the deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizquick

Reaction score
Dose anybody on this forum use co2 enrichment for their grow rooms? I Know that plants use co2 to grow but is co2 enrichment really needed? If my plants are in a grow room that is sealed off from people 22hrs out of the day will my plants get enough co2 without co2 supplementation? Thanks for the help.

From what I've read, the average level of CO2 in the air is 300ppm, and with 1000-1500ppm, plant growth rate increases and yield can be higher. If you have an air intake fan, you won't need one... it wouldn't do anything but good but I would find it hard to justify the price.

IllusionalFate said:
From what I've read, the average level of CO2 in the air is 300ppm, and with 1000-1500ppm, plant growth rate increases and yield can be higher. If you have an air intake fan, you won't need one... it wouldn't do anything but good but I would find it hard to justify the price.

Do you know how much of an increased yield? because even if a couple plants yielded an ounce more the co2 would pay for itself in one grow

If your room is sealed 22 hours a day you need to add fresh air or co2. My room is sealed so I can air condition it in the summer so I added co2. The growth is much improved in flower. I am a little over 3 weeks into using it so far so I couldn't tell you how much of a difference but I can see a lot healthier growth. It looks like my yeilds will be up about 30%. I had good airflow before. The initial cost of a co2 setup is a little high but worth it in my opinion. My room is 6.5 x 8.5 x 8. I have been on the same tank now for over 3 weeks, @ approx. 1500 ppm. It costs 10$ to fill a tank. It cost me around 400 to set up with 2 tanks, regulator timer setup, gas and test kit. An investment I would make again.

Co2 also allows you to run your temps 5 to 10 degrees higher than would normally be optimal.

There are many good reasons to use co2.
First is what we call Jurassic growing,
Co2 with global warming is now approaching 400 ppm in most cites even 450 in large polluted ones greta news for herb growers bad for our fragile planet.

Cannabis can process Photosynthesis with lvls of c02 as high as 1200 ppm and heat of 90 degrees and experience amazing growth speed. Warning you run a 90 deegree grow area your gonna have mites period.

The next reason is something I was shown at a lab in switzerland and later tested in my area.
In a full room of cannabis with a co2 of 1200 ppm within minutes of shutting the valve it fell to under 200 ppm in that room full of reefer. Your not gonna get max bud at 200ppm so its about maintaining the co2 as well.

Sealed co2 rooms are very stelth with carbon filters installed.

co2 makes hard buds that weigh more and have more density.

Latest posts

Back