Cold Weather = Purple Buds? (indoor plant)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't even risk stressing out the plants especially at such a crucial time. I would forget about trying that out bro.

I grew some bagseed and some durban poison this year. The bagseed remained green while the durban poison turned a shade of purple. I would not advise shocking your plants, unless you don't have anything better to do with your plants. It will slow down their flowering process a great deal. Also, when you cure the bud it looks more like it is dirty than purple. Just remember if you do do this that your plants will have to flower for a longer period than normal. Peace, and like Berzerker says, "Keep it Green"!

Not all plants will turn purple so you might be doing all this and then they might end up their normal color. I love the looks of purple buds too so its definitly worth a try. I want to know what happens so keep us posted. How far along are your plants? Ive heard that purple buds are less potent. Everyone I know thinks the exact opposite but I have read in numerous places that the thc levels are lower. I think it has something to do with resin production and lower temps slows that way down. Or something like that.

Vegs said:
I wouldn't even risk stressing out the plants especially at such a crucial time. I would forget about trying that out bro.

im not sure what you guys dont understand.

If im doing this for say that last 2 days b4 harvest.......and say that me giving it cold temps does basically "kill" the plant...........then who cares.. because the plant is dead in 2 days anways....because im about to chop its azz into pieces.....so she is dead no matter what happens

so i atleast think its worth a try

a few days of low temp, will have absolutely "0" effect on color, I'm willing to bet.
IME, it takes a few weeks of below 60F nigh temps, before any purple effects are expressed.Not all strains will turn. Inducing color, through cold temp's, is not going to "benefit" your plant, not potency, not yield.

Hick said:
a few days of low temp, will have absolutely "0" effect on color, I'm willing to bet.
IME, it takes a few weeks of below 60F nigh temps, before any purple effects are expressed.Not all strains will turn. Inducing color, through cold temp's, is not going to "benefit" your plant, not potency, not yield.

I have some plants that show color in my grow area during the winter, also flushing can bring out lots of color, but in the leaves. I think it's the temps changing my color, cause they don't change in the summer and my partner has the same clones and gets no color at all. Also low temps. cause veg. to crawl along...CRAWL SLOWLY:hitchair:

Hick said:

Alright, well then for the last ehh 5-6 days im going to try to expose the plant to colder temps, just to see if it does go Purp.
again, im just doing it as a little test; to see what happens.....

and ya im just looking for a change in apperance....the potency and yeild are already there :)

IMO man i wouldnt do it, but as you have said its your plant and you wish to experiment. So i say go for it, let us know what happenes. Also reading the posts in this thread it would seem to me that to possibly be able to do this you will have to have your temp no lower than 50 for no less than a week. not below 50 so you can avoid any chance at it freezing and for a week (MIN) to see if it starts to change. Again IMO i wouldnt water in this period if your going to set it out side colder temps and winds and cold water when roots like warm just smells like troube to me. Mojo man for the idea if you try it man let us all know, it sounds like an easy way to purplewhen you already have plant girth and potency :cool2:

If your planing on shoving it outside...the stress will kill it and prolly not turn. Takes time to "harden off" a plant before taking it from inside and putting it outside. The temp shock will prolly do it in. Plants don't respond well to 20F degree drops in moments notice...they like a gradual change. IMO.
but go for it..you prolly won't do it again after you see what happens.

just try to get you hands on some purps seeds. Then you can have bomby purp in normal conditions. I dont think purp is any less potent, its just the most beautilful flower on this earth, and its nice smoking somthing so pretty:cool:

Latest posts

Back