Crude 10 Minute light mover LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CallMeAFool2

Reaction score
Just because, not good for Green Energy efficient, I wanted to add a 1000W HPS to hang so the lower portions get light. Since If I get this and a garden about 1/2 this size to fruition, just me smoking, I will not need to do this for, what I hope is once a year

So I added this 1000W, but needed to figure out a way for it to go across all three tubs. This was very crude, but it seems to be okay, until I do get a mover or build something with a chain drive, to move it back and forth. I hooked it up and tried to use just the fan, to blow the bent up reflector, but it was going about 270 degrees and that would only be good if their were plants on both sides, did not need to illuminate the room, So I had a 2x4 sitting there from the build of this little cage you see and sat it up against where the left side of the reflector would hit it, so it would not spin.

CRUDE AS ALL GET OUT, but it works 90%. Not doing a 180 like I would like for the far right bucket, but it is better than no light that was penetrating the canapy. Since this really is my first real grow like this, is it really worth what I will get from the bottom half of the plants or am I wasting 1000W of electricity 12 hours a day, for what it will yield?

js57_DSCF7190.jpg

Thank you. You mean for the weight hanging? or the way a light should be used properly. Thank you for taking the time to tell this novice this, I certainly R that.

hoods are for horziontal, they make sockets designed to hang vertically. Im not saying you will have a prob just makr sure everything is secure

Thanks, Yes, these Lumewings are nutted so well, there is no pressure at all on the fixture. I took the 1000W down, even at 3 feet or more away, it burned up some leaves that I did not pay attention too. I am losing the plant in the middle back, a great one. I think since I am such a novice, as I burned up my first grow pretty much from stupidity and nutrients, this is really my first grow in 35 years. I will post the HPS garden and the LED Garden. All started at the same time, one is using 1200+ Watts HPS, the other 390W of total LED... Flowering since about the 30th or so of December.

It is pretty easy to see what is under LED and What is not. I let them veg almost 2 months, will never do that again. 30 days then flower, this is too much for a novice to handle and i am losing a great plant. Not from nut burn as much as I was a novice and did not let the water use all up before I would fill them. Some would drink up 8 gallons in 3.5 days and i would fill water. I think that is where I went wrong and have root rot. If I can get this one to go another two weeks, I may get some stone out of it. Man I am sorry, in many ways.

jsw_dscf7301.jpg

jsw_dscf7302.jpg

jsw_dscf7303.jpg

jsw_dscf7304.jpg

jsw_dscf7305.jpg

jsw_dscf7306.jpg

jsw_dscf7313.jpg

jsw_dscf7314.jpg

jsw_dscf7315.jpg

jsw_dscf7307.jpg

jsw_dscf7309.jpg

jsw_dscf7317.jpg

couple more in HID. If I had to guess at this point, I would say that there is going to be about 15-20% more yield, again a guesstimant, on the HID. Since i am not in the biz to profit, I would rather use 390Ws of electricity than 1200+ and grow 3 times a year, that is approx $37 bucks per 400W HPS a month that I do not use, so, I figure almost 85 bucks a month savings on electricity, I opt to sell all my lights and ballasts and use only LEDs from now on. that does not take into account the money I save with less fans running 24/7, less RO water, due to much less if any at all loss from heat. No chillers, the water is almost 11 degrees cooler in the LED garden than the HID garden. So it is hard to say, but well over $120 a month in electrical savings and I run ever 4 hours for for one hour, in a 8x15x8 room CO2 via LP generator over the HID garden, not on the LED garden, so my guesstamits on yield are probably wrong when I do the next one with the capcontrollers Gen1e LP CO2 on my next grow in the fall.

jsw_dscf7311.jpg

jsw_dscf7318.jpg

Latest posts

Back