curling under???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoot1073

Reaction score
Whats makeing theses leaves curl like this?? I was thinking they where alittle close to the light(18'') and got hot so i moved them down now there about 21'' away from light...400w hps and it stays about 78f in my grow box.what else could make them curl under like this.they've been on 12/12 now for 13 days. got rid of three males.:confused2: Im useing fox farm soil and earth juice and i water about every three days, I go by feel.. ph around 6.5.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The color of your plants is extremely luscious and healthy. However, that situation can change drastically when too much fertilizer is applied. Leaf tips that curl under is a tell-tale sign that it is feeling the heat from the nutes. I don't know what your feeding schedule or soil mix is like, but I would recommend changing it to something with less nutes involved. Right now though, give your plants a nice fresh drink of plain water. A small flush to leach some salts out of the soil would probably be a good idea too. Good work so far all in all though ;)

Woah! Am I seeing pistils on there too? What strain are you growing?

dl is spot on in his diagnosis. you have over fed your plant and the resulting ramshorning is from too much nitroge. they need a good drink of water only for the next week. they will be cleared up by next week.dont feed again till your plants tell you they need it.

feeding on a schedule is a disaster waiting to happen. always let your plant tell you when it needs food.a under feed is more easily rectified than an over feed. and is also far less stressful to the plants.

Thanks dltoker the strain is blueberry/northenlights that i got from a friend.I dont think theres any salt build up. i just put them in the fox farm soil a week ago,and i only give them 1/4 streangth nutes. i checked the PH. of the water today after watering (run off) its like 6.5 so thats ok. Im thinking its got to be that they were to close to the light and got HOT..but im going to give strait water next watering to see if that helps...

I dont feed on a schedule i go by feel,but now im thinking i have over fed my babys,so what do you think?? strait water next watering??when should i give them more nutes?

when should i give them more nutes?
As lil as possible. Some plants may need nutes every watering, some may not.
always let your plant tell you when it needs food.a under feed is more easily rectified than an over feed. and is also far less stressful to the plants.
What he said.

Thanks again bombbudpuffa i just flushed with strait water ph 6.5 so we will see what happends.Againl thanks u all its a learning process..It seems like if u think u got it all figured out..BAM something else happends i guess thats why were all here..peace...

Latest posts

Back