Cuttings question help plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkie

Reaction score
I have a wilma 4 pot system, with 4 cuttings at 3 weeks old, 2 weeks was spent in a propagation tank, 1 of them seems to have great growth the 2nd has started to grow but the other 2 look weak with no growth, my 600w light was about a foot above the plants until tonight, I have now moved the light to 2ft away in case I was over powering the little fella's at a young age, they are growing in a hydro system so the 2 weak plant's I have now took the drippers off of them incase of over feeding them and now covered them with plastic bottles with the bottoms cut away, to try and create some humidity!

Questions

Have I done the correct thing

What else can I do to help the little fellas into growing and looking healthy?

The leaves on these in question are also droopy n slightly yellowish

Heeeellllllp plz

The first thing; I have to ask the standard questions; What kind of medium are you using? What is the PH? What is the nute brand and TDS of nute solution? What kind of temps are you running in both the water and air? Is the yellowing throughout, only on the lowest leaves? is the yellowing uniform across the affected leaves or is it only around the margins of the affected leaves?

It could be connected to any of the things that I questioned but it sounds almost like you may have damaged the roots when transplanting or too much nutrient possibly burned the roots, or the PH is off just enough to affect a couple weaker plants, or you may have a magnesium deficiency beginning and because of phenotype differences it hasn't begun to affect the others yet. Also, did all of the cuttings come from the same donor/mother?

not much to add to hush's question air. pics would help a ton as well

no need for multipal threads with same question...

Growdude asked ya in the other thread... if they rooted?

4u2sm0ke said:
no need for multipal threads with same question...

Growdude asked ya in the other thread... if they rooted?

That was a mistake, sorry, yeah they have rooted, ph 5.2 res temp 18 degrees, ec reading at 1.4 growing in clay pebbles, seems to be the lower leaves and edges of higher leaves, new growth at top doesn't seem to be getting any bigger where as the other 2 plants seem to be growing pretty well, can't upload photos as using iPad & files to large :-(

Room temp 24 degrees, all came from same mother at same time, nutrient type is canna products

The PH is definitely too low. For hydro it should be between 6.2max and 5.2 min, and the optimum for hydro is 5.8. The closer you can keep them to that the better they will do. The max and min numbers are only if you have PH drift, which occurs in most hydro systems with many strains. Some strains don't drift as much as others.

Are the Canna nutes organic or synthetic? this is very important because if you are using organic nutrients then you have to have microbes in your rez and you need to run the PH around 6.7 as the microbes do better when the PH is near neutral so that they can control it themselves. :)

It seems that hydro setups are more prone to cal/mag issues than soil. I suspect that you may have a magnesium deficiency starting to show(unless you are using a cal/mag additive).

Latest posts

Back