Daylight Savings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SensiStarFan

Reaction score
Don't forget Daylight Savings! (if you live somewhere that observes it) I was confused today when I woke up and my lights did not come on when they were supposed to. It only took me a few seconds to remember Daylight Savings but for a second my heart sank and I was thinking "Oh $h**!"

-SSF-

:confused2: :stoned: Me too..

Ours in Europe is 27 March, Worried me for a moment there hehe.

hmmmm.. the sun still came up here!...:p

So what is the best way to handle the change. The new time for me, isn't really going to work that well.

I would think cut the light period by one hour for one day to make adjustment because I want to make sure they still get 12 hours dark. Is that right?

Coming up soon and I want a smooth transition.

I run my lights at night so I just add 1 hour of light as they will still be getting 12 hours of uninterrupted dark when they shut down.

Hick said:
hmmmm.. the sun still came up here!...:p

:rofl:

not sure why daylight saveings will change my timer???? its still 12 hr setting....and in veg the sun never sets

tastyness said:
So what is the best way to handle the change. The new time for me, isn't really going to work that well.

I would think cut the light period by one hour for one day to make adjustment because I want to make sure they still get 12 hours dark. Is that right?

Coming up soon and I want a smooth transition.

just change your timer back an hr....one day with 11 hrs dark wont harm

I don't/can't use a timer. I run on two different voltages and the timers get off every day.
So I'm the human timer.

The new time will be a bit inconvenient- I have a hard time staying up that late to turn the lights on. :rofl: (yes it is only 10PM but I like to get up early and crash early)

So giving them one extra hour of light and make sure the next day is still 12 hours of dark sounds like the way to go so far.
Hoping some others will chime in- so close to my best grow ever and don't want to make a total newbie mistake.

Hoping some others will chime in- so close to my best grow ever and don't want to make a total newbie mistake.

Should use/buy a timer, humans make to many mistakes. Tork makes a real good affordable timer.

One hour either way should not cause any problems, when done just once

Smoking Mom- it is because we are about to go onto daylight savings time here.
Southern hemisphere, spring is just starting so clocks go FORWARD one hour.
So this is what I think I figured out- but after that yummy kush bud I'm not sure my logic is very sound.

Time is now 9:00 AM - Lights OUT / 9:00 PM - Light ON PLANT & HUMAN TIME

When clock moves forward this same routine will show on my watch (human timer as 10:00 AM - Lights OUT / 10:00 PM Lights ON.

I need to get it adjusted back to 9:00 AM HUMAN TIME.

Can someone help? Boy, it is good to be toking again, even if it isn't yet properly dried and cured.
I am a total lightweight after all this abstinance.

This is what I would do...When it comes time to turn the lights on....Turn them on.....one time will not hurt them:aok:

and jeepers if you are freaking out this bad over an hour that you know is going to happen ...what you going to do, if you lose power in a storm? That's a real dilemma;)

PC- good point.
I'll probably grab a generator soon. We will surely have one when we move to our new place so wouldn't hurt to get one early.
Thanks for making me better prepared.

And yep- I'm a bit of a nervous nellie at the moment. Trying to keep the stress levels low for the girls. Finally got humidity back under control and am so close to being done. Day 100 today :D

Now that we've got a few "test" buds- I'm sure it will be easier to mellow out. ;)

Didn't mean to scare anyone- probably should have started a new thread with a better title

tastyness said:
Didn't mean to scare anyone- probably should have started a new thread with a better title

Don't be silly :)

I just saw the title and assumed you were in the US. I thought I was missing something, lmao.

I love switchin from daylight savins and back every two times a year for no apparent, current, relevant reason, the way I like the taste of freshly vomited bile.

I thought I was missing something, lmao.

:giggle: You Did

I need to get it adjusted back to 9:00 AM HUMAN TIME.

She's Alien:spit:

Just funnin tastey..Im with Duck and things ..(life) gets in the way..ive seen many folks turn on and off they lights and forget a few times..that will cause issues...enjoy your smoke

And here I was about to go around changing/checking the clocks.

WHEN Exactly is the change back from Daylight Savings Time? End of the month right?

Got me alert anyway....or woke me up? In California, pretty sure anyway.

Latest posts

Back