Does'nt get'ny better then this.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1974

Reefer !
Reaction score
My wife just came home a lil bit ago and she got me the rest of the goodies I needed to start my home brew (beer):)

I feel like one lucky dude:D .... I make my own moonshine, I grow my own smoke, Now im gonna start brewing my own beer:hubba: !

Ohh yeah..... I do grow vegees to :D and I hunt :rolleyes: Hmmmmmmmmnnn? If only I was still a bachelor, I would be set ;)

Im really stoned right now too :joint:

Me 'n the neighbor make our own moonshine :). You should see the bees when the mash is fermenting!

I'll bet...... What fruit is your favorite Art ?

We made a reflux still so what we distill is pure ethanol out of sugar and yeast. No character to it like corn whiskey or anything but it hits the spot :)

ArtVandolay said:
We made a reflux still so what we distill is pure ethanol out of sugar and yeast. No character to it like corn whiskey or anything but it hits the spot :)

It is a buzz of its own, different that regular booze.... :hubba:

If you drink it straight at 90% alcohol, your eyes will pop out of your head. After you cut it 50% (down to 90 proof) and run it through charcoal, it tastes like hot water :). No character to it like real southern white lightning

What do you make, Chris? What kind of still? Ours... well, not ours but just like it except we used a stainless beer keg.

TheStill.gif

you guys ever get sick off of it? I was watching about them making liquor on that prison tv show...white lightning?? the guy said he wont drink it..too strong.

Real white lighning is the smoothest alcohol you will ever drink :D. It may not have been cut to the proper alcohol content for drinking, though. Just add distilled water to taste, 2Dog :)

oh I wont be making any...I prefer just ganga myself. I do enjoy cooking with wine and the occasional hard drink. I LOVE chocolate cake..any of you had that drink??? tooo smoothe...with the diabetes I have to be careful alcohol = sugar.

My favorite so far is pear, We do the boiler into coolcondencer

Its very smooth, we get it about 55%...... drinks nicely at room temp

Is that a pot still, Chris? A reflux still is basically a boiler and a condensing tower, too :). I suppose they all have to do those 2 things :)

Itsa a pot still, the recondecer is on the other end of mine, have you done oranges yet ?

Whooaa I just saw the pic of yours Art, that baby's nice :)

Thanks, Chris :). No matter what you put into the mash, only pure distilled ethanol comes out. Technically, it's a valved reflux still. A valve on the top of the distillation tower lets you control how many distillations it goes through before you draw the ethanol from the still. The hygrometer hits 96 generally - 96% pure ethanol. That's the good news. The bad news is it tastes the same no matter what you put in it.

Art and chris..see a liquor store and its prices and laugh their asses off..giving a fist shake as they drive by. then they have to go make good to be able to buy a lighter..

My buddy who I do it with set the thing up, I am still learning the whole process ! I usually get the fruit and the yeast and help him smash it and he basically takes it from that point, im stil a rookie :) The stuff we've made,has all tasted like what we used ? Is it not suposed to, or is grappa different from moonshine ? Im confused Art, im still new to it !

2Dog said:
Art and chris..see a liquor store and its prices and laugh their asses off..make even a fist shake as they drive by. then they have to go make good to be able to buy a lighter..

HAHAHAHAHA.... That gave me a funny pic in my mind ! :D

Latest posts

Back