Dr. Chronic's Sweet Purple Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smotpoker

Reaction score
I ordered these seeds from Dr. Chronic about 6 days ago and they are already here! (in CA) I am going to start the germ. in a paper towel and plastic bag today.

camera 011.jpg

Bought and assembled a grow cabinet tonight. Was going to make one but figured that it would be easier to just buy a pre-made and put it together with some mods to suit me. It is 2'w x 1'd x 5'h. I will be lining it with some sort of reflective material once I get my seeds sprouted. Stay tuned!

camera 012.jpg

camera 013.jpg

Looking good. Here's some GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. ;)

smotpoker said:
Bought and assembled a grow cabinet tonight. Was going to make one but figured that it would be easier to just buy a pre-made and put it together with some mods to suit me. It is 2'w x 1'd x 5'h. I will be lining it with some sort of reflective material once I get my seeds sprouted. Stay tuned!

10 square feet = 50,000 lumens right? What lights you plan on using?

From my understanding it was the base of your cabinet, which mine is 2x1, or 2 sq. ft....

OK so with help from my brother I got the lights in the cabinet wired and going. The light shelf is adjustable with holes drilled ever inch all the way up the inside of the cabinet. I am thinkin about narrowing the shelf up so that I can put the bubble wrap insulation on all sides inside the cabinet and then hanging the light shelf from 4 chains, attached the inside of the cabinet with eye hooks at the very top. It would make it really easy to adjust the height of the lights as well.

So far 3 of the 4 seeds I am germing have popped, how long should I let the roots get before planting?

camera 003.jpg

camera 002.jpg

camera 001.jpg

good luck on your grow smotpoker:D

akirahz said:
10 square feet = 50,000 lumens right? What lights you plan on using?

You calculated the sq. footage wrong.

10sq. ft = 50,ooo lumens yes, however, his box was 1ft x 2ft = 10,000 lumens.

You accidentally calculated the "AREA" or cubic feet (used for ventilation).

BTW, Looking forward to the grow, I am building something similar, not as tall, and twice as deep. I am doing a 2ft x 2ft x 3ft micro cab.

tleaf jr. said:
youll need those lights closer bro

Which is why I made it adjustable... Did you read any of the post or just look at the pictures?

Ventilation is coming.

looks good bro.
definetly gonna watch this one,
I got some too.

smotpoker said:
Which is why I made it adjustable... Did you read any of the post or just look at the pictures?

Ventilation is coming.

:D :ignore: :hubba: :D

Sooooo the seeds were sitting on top of my cable modem (stays warm but not hot) and unfortunately they got covered up by a flannel for probably 10+ hours... by the time I checked and saw what happend the seeds and bag were ridiculously hot. Pretty sure my seeds got baked. 3 of 4 had popped and had about 1/8" roots coming out but in three days after that they hadn't grown any more at all.... Put them in some soil today anyhow figuring I will give them a couple weeks and just see what happens but I am about 95% sure they won't grow. BUMMER! I still have 6 more seeds left so I will try germing 3 of them soon.

Hey Smot,looks like a nice set up dude.Too right about the seeds,bummer.Hope the others sprout for ya.

BTW-You a member at PS?

WM.

Latest posts

Back