Drying or curing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanjaRugger

Ganja Manija
Reaction score
I'm confused, is there any difference from curing and drying or are they two completely different methods?:confused2: your clarification would be greatly aprreciated.

Two different things.
Drying is just that. Taking your weed and letting the water in it evaporate to an acceptable level.

You can then smoke it.

Or, you can now cure it by putting it in a glass jar and sealing it up and letting natural processes take place of which there are many. Others could more eloquently say what they are. The terpenols change, some of the THC turns in to CPD or vice versa, don't remember which. Just make sure in the first few days of curing that you check your jar once a day to make sure it is indeed dried enough. Pick a bud out of the jar and squeeze it. If the moisture from the inside of the bud isn't gone you'll mold your **** in no time at all. If it still needs dried continue to dry until the moisture is gone enough. Then continue to cure for as long as you want. I have some curing that's been curing for one year. The smoothness is unreal at this point. Most people don't cure at all, they just dry and smoke. Whatever works for you.
What curing isn't is letting it sit in a baggie. The baggie still will let oxygen in so your not curing it.

I dry it in air conditioned or frost free fridge and then seal in jars and put jars in fridge...that way I dont risk the mold as much...cures in 6-8 weeks but always mold free...

would the bud that i bought get ne better if i cured it further?

Latest posts

Back