dumb ? but here goes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizard

Reaction score
my plant is yellow and starting to get brown spots i thaught nute burn flushed out the soil and roots still getting worse then i realized my soil was vey sandy and packed i thaught she might not be getting any air in her roots so i mixed the soil with some pine bark mulchand oakleaf compost all small peices my land lord has a kick *** garden so i borrowed his mulch and after last nights freeze
i figured it would be bug free i flushed it all real good and mixed it 50/50 do you think this will help it seems to be alot lighter any advice on the nex t step if she doesn't seem to improve:confused: thanks in advance, Lizard

You might have just done more harm than good. Yellow leaves starting to get brown spots sounds more like a nutrient deficiency than nutrient burn. When a plants leaves turn yellow, that means its probably not getting enough nitrogen and the brown spots, though they could be many things (mostly deficiencies), they are probably from a phosphorous def.

When your plant gets nute burn, it normally looks nice and green with the tips of the leaves burned much like it would look like if a cigarette burned, the grey dead matter, then a bit or yellow/red where the plant matter is being burnt up by the nutes, then normal green healthy leaf. Nute burn can also result in stunted growth, twisting and deformed leaves, and other freakish things. Now these freakish things can be anything, so while there is a possibility that you did actually have nute burn with your plant looking like you described, the chances of its are extremely low and you most likely have a deficiency.

Now I'm assuming you feed your plants, which is probably making you wonder how there can be a deficiency if you are giving them food. The answer is PH. If you aren't properly PHing your water before you feed your plants, your plants aren't going to be able to absorb the nutrients they need. Also your soils PH needs to be in a suitable range as well for your plant to absorb nutrients. Get a PH test kit and make sure that anything you do with your plants, you do with a proper PH of around 6.5 or so.

thanks alot i do feed them but i did just transplant from an aerogarden to soil so i did back off her nutes i don't kn why didn't think of it

Shoot, plant might be stressed by the transplant and adjusting to the new PH is soil, also things that may have happened. Best of luck to your plants!

she's the only survivor of my aerogarden diaster got new sprouts they'r doing great

ok update my p[lants have eploded except for one lil girl got beaverd by an unknown subject bug or mouse not sure wich cause as far as i know i have neither in my house but any how ther doing great fruitloop my li,. yellowing one isnow 2 foot tall and has 11 nodes and christmas tree skunk is 13 inch and 6 nodes i will be 12/12 starting mon wishing for 2 lil girls ,and giving thanks to all peace and chicken grease ,Lizard

Latest posts

Back