Dwc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
So i was wondering... when using a DWC bubbler system, how close should my baskets be to the bubbles? i dont want to drown the girls before the roots even show... whats the best process??

from everthing ive read you can submerge the net pods untill roots show
ive done t it works fine once the roots hang an inch or two you can drop the water level

I rever have dropped my level. I have always submerged them. Always kept the water up till they get growing then just filled them up once a week then let nature do the rest. Never had a problem

I always keep the water level a little above the bottom of the pots until they have root growth. As the roots grow, lower the water lever to force the roots to grow to the water. Be sure to keep the water well oxygenated.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I always keep the water level a little above the bottom of the pots until they have root growth. As the roots grow, lower the water lever to force the roots to grow to the water. Be sure to keep the water well oxygenated.

Man HG I sure am glad I read this. I have been woundering about that a tad bit. My plant is very healthy, but I keep the water level topped off and I have noticed I have a huge root system,,but its all up close to the top. Now I know why :doh:
So the part of the roots that are above the solution level, will be fine as long as,,((how much))of the roots remain below the solution level???Another words I want to pull the root mass down toward the bottom,,right?My 1st DWC,,I love it. My plant in the DWC(clone) is kicking the Soil(mother) ones ***.Check it out. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=418750&postcount=19

The Hemp Goddess said:

:yeahthat: and once they hit the water I maintain it at 3 gallons.

pcduck said:
:yeahthat: and once they hit the water I maintain it at 3 gallons.

So part of the root system is not under water,,right. Im figuring that your using a 5 gallon bucket.

Hey CowboyBudsky I use 5 gallon buckets. Change out weekly or biweekly depending on ppm's and size. Tap up daily to the 3 gallon mark with ph adjusted water

pcduck said:
Hey CowboyBudsky I use 5 gallon buckets. Change out weekly or biweekly depending on ppm's and size. Tap up daily to the 3 gallon mark with ph adjusted water

I don't top up daily, but otherwise, that is pretty much what I do. Part of the roots are in the water and part of them are not. I also keep about 3 gal of nute solution in my 5 gal buckets once the plants have a good root system.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't top up daily, but otherwise, that is pretty much what I do. Part of the roots are in the water and part of them are not. I also keep about 3 gal of nute solution in my 5 gal buckets once the plants have a good root system.

OK,,I think I got it guys. So,,as long as the majority of my root system is covered Im good to go? And I can pull the root mass closer to the bottom by allowing the rez level to get lower,,, before I top off at say 3/4 full Rez,,right? OH and I always have lots of bubbles.

I wanna build a dro set up there are no grow shops near here and so i was wondering if sand and perlite would make a good medium

no not for hydro
if your gonna use something it gotta be rocks washed really f in good or lava rocks if you can find them ive kinda wondered if aquarium rcks would work but they might be to small or something

well i though about what i said and it isnt exaclty true you can use dirt with a drip system i think but with DWC you cant

Black1269 said:
I wanna build a dro set up there are no grow shops near here and so i was wondering if sand and perlite would make a good medium

No sand and perlite is not a good hydro medium. What kind of system are you thinking of?

Im looking for something that is easy to find i have no grow shop here or close by aquarium rocks anyone tried it

something easy to build ebb and flow or dwc not sure looking for bestest easiest way what do you recommend hemp goddess all your posts have been alot of help i have only been on site for like a week but you seem to know your sh!t

Bro,,it dont get any easier then DWC. I built all of my own. Got all the stuff I needed from a Pet Store Aquirium Dept. And DWC kicks ***. I can show you two plants,same strain,same Pheno(clone)..One is in soil and one is in DWC.:eek: Its amasing how much the Soil is getting its *** kicked.:hubba:

Starting out I'll keep the water level about a 1/2 inch from the net pot then lower it to maybe an inch/ inch and a half then just add as needed...

Latest posts

Back