early start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, straight into dirt, with some purple gunk, cloning gunk (Clone It). kut them girls, put the stems in water, made a slice up the stem a bit, diped in gunk, then put into ocean forest soil. the "cloner" is pictured above, some sticks with saran wrap around it and me spraying the heck out of them as much as i can during the day. looks like the ones he took off tops are mostly dying. the others look like they took real well, when it is a week, we will take off the "tent". This is my husbands method, ( tho i insisted on the tent) he cloned some flowering plants last year, made for the smallest lil tops ever, but they rooted!

they all go outside (cept the male, who will be dead by then) on the 19th...the day of the full moon in May.

:holysheep: they are looking gorgous havnt checked in for a while and wow they look soooo good :peace:

:yay: congrats on all the girls you have so far,,,,,good luck with them going outside,,,,,,, very very nice start you have too gl

New Pics

1. male purps, female amethyst, flowers dusted with his pollen via paint brush.

2. Female near male, amethyst, flowering a few days.

3. Sugar Granddaddy clones, 3 large, one small

4. From seed, four purps, 1 Rob's kush, 1 mango.

5. Rob's Kush left, check out the size of those fan leaves compared to the Mango next to it on the right. they are the exact same age.

6. FIM on purp, i tried this, got three new (dont know if this term is correct) terminal bud tops now.

the plants now have the curtains open next to them, they get a small amount of dawn light in the morning before i turn on the light on.

the plants outside are still looking very small, compared to the ones inside.

tmpphpk4pXaq.jpg

tmpphprptwO2.jpg

tmpphpzHQjiw.jpg

tmpphpG3rDCw.jpg

tmpphp1kVZvd.jpg

tmpphpuxlzSL.jpg

- Yesterday, transplanted the three largest Sugar Granddaddy Purples. they were getting root bound and not looking as deep green as i like. So they went into three gallon containers.
--- two of the three were looking like they needed larger pots and this morning they look happy like clams in bed.

- The Pollen has been harvested from the male i flowered. He is now dead.

- the flowering Amethyst + NL has been dusted with pollen.

- Of the nine Purps seeds i planted, five were female. One i gave away, one is outside in the cold, and three are under lights in the house still.
--- of the outdoor plants, two of five are flowering, one has not shown sex. the one purp out there is not flowering.

---one of the inside Purps i FIM'd and is pictured above, one i topped yesterday also FIM i hope. the lower branches on the first one topped are much longer than the ones that have not been topped.

today we clean the garden area, getting the pots and soil ready to transplant in almost two weeks. it is something to do, as the price of petrol is keeping use home and off the lake, so the bass are safe today.

The ladies are looking great so far. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

hey tcbud.. gettn warm out they shud be ready rt..for their new homes...
the purps are excellent strain ,very resistant..great aroma come end of sept..good luck

just looked at the long term (15 day forecast), it says that the night time temps here should be over the 46 degree mark every night starting thursday. i am thinking of putting the three gallon pots out during the day, starting today, and dragging them in at night. The only concern i have is, the light. Seems to be getting light here before six and true dark about eight thirty. that means 14.5 hours of light, currently they get 15 hours. i am concerned that they will begin to bud from a reversal of light by that half hour. Any comments or advise?

Ten weeks old for the seed plants, aproximately.

- Yesterday, May 8th, because of the unseasonably warm forcast for the rest of the month, we decided to put the girls outside.

- Transplanting went well, tho almost ran out of soil. the girls seem to be recovering well. This year we have some larger pots as we have been told the Sugar Granddaddy Purple should be huge plants, yeilding three pounds each. I personally would be amazed if i get one pound per plant!

- The plants that have been outside, three have flowered (the flowering plant from inside that i am making seeds with is also out side, below find a pic of her). The one that was out longest is the hardiest and now growing well since the temps have risen some. These plants outside look a lot lighter folaige than the ones just put out. The nutes put on them have been fish emulsion only, this is going to change, they will be getting the Grow Big by FF from now on.

tmpphprC3OHR.jpg

tmpphpGkMf5e.jpg

tmpphp0cUeS9.jpg

Looking great tcbud! Just imagine getting a pound per plant... ohh what heaven that would be huh?

So i come back from SF, and some of the plants have started to bud, of 16 plants outside, i believe i have 8 in bud. One bums me cause i wanted to clone from her, the new Amethyst clone. I will let her run her course and then take her buds and let her revedge then i will clone her. I posted the female in flower that i pollenated in the bud pic of the month contest. She is getting more and more purple the bigger her buds get. So beautiful.

The plants have put on an average of two inches, one put on over five! (this one is one of the ones that has decided to flower) This growth since they went outside a week ago yesterday.

Of the clones the husband took inside a few weeks ago, there are five that will make it to transplanting tomarrow. Two Purps from BC seeds, two Sugar Grandaddy Purple, one Amethyst from last years seeds.

So they are flowering huh? That's alright, I suppose. The summer is just starting, so they are gunna miss out on some vegging time... But they are going to experience strong summer sunlight and much of it! Going to have good buds!

Just have to get some more clones, plant them on the full Moon on Tuesday and keep the vedging plants to a total of under 24. Let the flowering plants do their thing....keeping an eye on the tirchs and the time flowering and we should be good. A little early bud is a nice way to get thru the flowering period for the rest of the plants. I found that out last year, real nice smokin' what we grew as we waited on the others to revedge and bud.

So now to get going and find those clones.....i aready gave a line on a Romulan and some Old Gangsta. Never tried the Romulan, kinda looks like bamboo (maybe a sativa dominant plant?) and i grew Old Gangsta last year, i liked that real well.

The ladies are going to love the great outdoors. I wish I could do an outdoor grow this year....Oh well. There is always next year. Keep up the good work tcbud. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

While thinking and looking into getting more clones, we decided to get a bubble/mist cloner. Kinda pricey, but we spend that much on clones already each spring. One year and it should pay for it's self. Of course as soon as we got home, it was assembled. Out to the garden we went and cut some cuttings, we even took some of the lower branches on the girls that are blooming. After trimming and dipping them they went into the EzCloner. I am loving this thing already.
ANY suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated, as the directions read like i should know what i was doing before buying this machine. Seems straightforward tho.

1. Put the solution in the water
2. cover the holes with the foam rings
3. put the clones in the "dip" and place in foam rings.
5. put rings back in the holes
6. turn on the pump.

The "mist" didnt look that fine a spray, but then i really dont know how fine it should be. Seems the clone goo would come off with that much water being sprayed around.

Question, how long till the roots form enough to place in soil? The directions were not clear on that.

A look down at my garden, from my desk.

Put in some tomatoes yesterday in the raised box. Also transplanted the clones that made it on the first attempt, the one in soil. Four made it, one Purp, one Sugar Grandaddy Purple, and two amethyst.

the heat is sposed to tone down the next few days says the weather man. That will be good:D

ctmpphpldQAwg.jpg

looking excellent ,,your one lucky lady having that view from your desk ! im sooo envious :giggle:
your outdoor plants look wonderful as do your indoor ,,some one loves their ladies :peace:

you have a new friend in me! ;) I just love your garden!:D

I think I'll pull up a cooler and lawn chair and check this out for sure!

:farm:

:eek: Just absolutely loving those photos you have up. I want your office...
Great view. Nice landscaping!!!:woohoo:
I have a couple pics to post tonight, but I need to do some work for a bit first... The lights are on now in California still and there's so much to do / so little time!
:hairpull:
Anyway, just wanted to peek in and see how things are going in your neck of the woods. Later Buddy. Ette.
:peace:

Latest posts

Back