early yellowing. over watering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmknWhiteWidow

Sensimilla
Reaction score
Here is our plants after a little over a week under our new 400 watt hps light. We've been watering a little every day or every few days because the soil seems to get extremely dry. Are we watering to much and should just chill out and let em' sit for a few days? Also, we started watering with distilled water but read that city water is fine. any suggestions? thanks

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

DO NOT USE TAP WATER.
It looks like you have a heat problem, you may have the 400w too close to the plant.
One of the biggest mistakes new growers make is worrying to much, and not leaving there plant alone. It is a weed, it will grow, it is strong. Dont worry about every minor problem with the plant.

The 400 watt hps is 22 inches above the plants. is this to low? also we have 2 small fans running for air circulation. sorry i'm a first timer. thanks for all the help.

5.JPG

i think u got a ph problem mine looked like that i put them in fox farm soil and ajusted the ph in my water and they bounced back in 1 day the ph out of the tap at my house was off the charts well above 9.0and i live in a big city so check ur ph get a ph up down kit

SmknWhiteWidow said:
The 400 watt hps is 22 inches above the plants. is this to low? also we have 2 small fans running for air circulation. sorry i'm a first timer. thanks for all the help.

That is close for seedling, they dont need that much.
What type of soil did you put them in?
Do you check your waters Ph?
Any nutes?

We used a soil called Pro-Mix Potting & Seeding. We haven't been checking the PH, we've just been using distilled water. We haven't put any nutes in either. I'll try raising the light, how high do you recommend for this stage? Also, what pH should the water be at? is using distilled water fine? Thanks again for the help

i use a 400 and i dont know about seedlings or soil but for freshly rooted clones i start at 36-40 in and lower it 6in after 4 or 5 days and then 6in every few days after that till it reaches 14 - 18in depnding how theyre looking and if you got a fan on the light. good luck to you...oh, gotta check that ph!

Latest posts

Back