Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clever_intuition

Reaction score
I have been reading on how to control wether or not your plant is male or female.

I have seem to lost my source. When I find it I will quote it to let people that don't know what I am talking about know.

What are your thoughts on this?:cool:

Actually one of the things I heard were that while growing through the veg cycle keep the light on the plant for 24 hours a day this will make you plant a female?

This is what I did when my plant was in veg and now I have beautiful buds growing:cool:

I don't really know a whole lot about that but, plants aren't like humans... I don't think there are sex change operations (w/e) for them. I've heard of people trying to do this, can't remember what the turn out was.

imo: its a little fact but still fiction.

You can make conditions, to make it advantageous to be female.
The only real determining factors is genetics.

24hr light is good for the plants m or f, makes them shorter and stockier
due to not having dark period to stretch for light.

Certain humidity, temps and PH and etc etc is pretty much the best
conditions for your plant male or female. Sure it can help make females,
but I wouldn't count on it. nevertheless if you did follow the guidlines
its pretty much the optimal conditions.

I know of the thread you speak of. Its some where in here.
I think in cultivation sub section.

don't know aobut all that but i know that the company Dutch Masters makes a nute that will stop a female turning into a hermie, from turning into a hermie. as far as tips and tricks for females........luck.

Fire it up

KT

Sounds like a good investment... is it expensive?

Just watch your lighting on and you should have no problems with hermies....but I guess that can be unpredictable as well.:cool:

ktownlegend said:
don't know aobut all that but i know that the company Dutch Masters makes a nute that will stop a female turning into a hermie, from turning into a hermie. as far as tips and tricks for females........luck.

Fire it up

KT

that sounds kinda far fetched to me.. unless its one of those
misleading ads..

I doubt if a plant is genetically coded to be hermie, can be changed
by some nutes.

But they can technically be right .. If the labeled reads something like this. Add this NUTE, make sure lights are 12/12 schedule, with no
light leaks in light proof room. like no duuuh.

I would like to see it work with hermied seeds. which i doubt
because if it was incase the truth. every grower in the world
would be using it. why?? because we wouldn't have to go though
all the stuff dealing with lighting.

that sounds kinda far fetched to me.. unless its one of those
misleading ads..

I doubt if a plant is genetically coded to be hermie, can be changed
by some nutes.

Product is Dutch Master Reverse
Have you got male flowers ? Tired of getting seeds in your flower crops? Then you need Dutch Master Reverse. Dutch Master Reverse is a uniquely engineered formulation that can, in most cases, stop hermaphroditic plants from exhibiting male traits & flowers. Dutch Master Reverse has a fast knockdown action against existing male flowers as well as preventing more male flowers from forming, due to Dutch Master Reverse unique engineering process. Dutch Master have utilised their proprietary Phospholipid technologies to achieve the most effective & consistently high performing feminiser on the market today. By using phospholipiods we can detune the plant receptors cells that are responsible for gibberellin reception & secondary bio synthesis which are responsible for over 95% of the cases of hermaphroditic expression. With Dutch Master Reverse you wont have to reduce your nutrient strength as with most other products on the market or experience the severity of plant droop that can often occur when using these products. Dutch Master Reverse should also be used as a preventative tool prior to male flowers appearing if you are at all unsure if your plant will exhibit hermaphroditic traits.

I've read about this stuff on other forums. It does work. It won't turn your hermie back into a female, but it will stop seed production and prevent a lot of ruined bud

YAY :eek:

Seriously though, that sounds like something every grower should have in supply... you never know what could happen.

doing a 'search' here, for "Bush Master" ..should turn up a thread here dealing with it. I don't recall the members name, but I do recall the thread.
I think he had success with it. "MY" wonder is, why in the world would "most" growers want/allow a hermi to mature anyway??? Then spraying it with some "chemical" compound, that alters/inhibits "natural sexual expression"..aAND ingestng it...I'm just not too sure...
I didn't find the "Produce more females.." thread with a simple search, either.
I'm pretty certain Mutt postd it.
Diggin' deeper...;)

1. Lower temps produce more females. 2.High nitro at week 3 veg produces more females. 3. Interrupting the light cycle in veg produces more females. 4.Femenised beans produce more females:D. I'm not vouching for any of these(except the fem beans:)). I've heard these methods mentioned quite a few times is all;).

spraying it with some "chemical" compound, that alters/inhibits "natural sexual expression"..aAND ingestng it...I'm just not too sure...
Reverse claims to be plant fatty acids or phospholids.

Latest posts

Back