Fafard 3B Mix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool

Reaction score
Has anyone here used Fafard 3B Mix soil? I have an abundant supply of this stuff and seems like really nice soil but im not sure if want to use it because it has wood chips in it. I would use something else but its a pain in the *** finding a store that has a decent selection soil in the middle of winter.

i've never heard of it myself.i would read the bag carefully for added nutes.if no added nutes,then i would use it.you can always add perlite and worm castings to the mix.maybe some lime also.all depends on whats in the soil.

ok thanks. It has a good amount of perlite and vermiculite. On their website it says it has starter nutrients, I didnt know that until I found their website. I wonder how long those starter nutes would last? If I flush the soil before I use it will that remove the starter nutes? Heres the link hXXp://www.fafard.com/?p=139

Im going to go ahead and give this a bump.

i would not add nutes for 2-3 weeks according to how the plants look.you will know when they need some nutes.

Tool said:
Im going to go ahead and give this a bump.

went to the website. looks like the same stuff as in my Gardener's Gold soil that my plants are very happy in. I'd say this stuff would be a decent grow medium

Sounds good guys, thanks for the advice. Im not concerned about the pine bark anymore now that I know the ph of this mix so Im going to go ahead and use this mix in my Lowryder 2 grow, we'll get a grow journal set up too.

Latest posts

Back