Feminised.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I agree with you completely about the upsides. You sure can't beat uniformed guaranteed females. If only I could get it down on how to successfully put them outdoor and get them to grow 6-7 feet tall. Maybe, I'll try putting them in like mid-april or something..

Hick said:
"Breeding with hermis..procreates hermis"
sticky'...you ever hear of or attempt cloning "on the plant"??
there are a couple of methods that work great.
One is to wrap a stem right wherre you want to grow roots, with cheescloth filled with medium. Moisten it when you water. When roots show, cut it off 'n plant it.
Another is called "air layering"...tie/stake a lower branch down, makeing sure that an inch or so is buried beneath the surface. In a cpl of weeks, you will have another plant. Cut it off between the meristem and the buried section, transplant her.

If breeding with hermies procreates hermies then how do you get a feminized seed????

bombbudpuffa my honest apology.
Hey man it's not needed. You were just trying to help:).
If breeding with hermies procreates hermies then how do you get a feminized seed????
I think what he means is by breeding with hermies you're introducing hermie genes to the pool. Use ga, silver or unstable lighting(12 on, 5 off, 8 on, 10 off, etc.) to hermie a female and sex a totally different female, not a clone, with the hermie pollen and you get feminised seeds.

Thanks for the resources, mutt. The second link is pretty much what I was describing in my first post and I assumed by the posts in this thread that it couldn't be done that way. The light manipulation method sounds easy enough.I
ve never let a plant flower 2 weeks longer than usual, so I can't verify that the females will produce male pods. But, I'm sure this guy knows what he is talking about and I will take his word for it. I think I'm going to have to try it.

Members:
Have you ever made feminised seeds before? What were the results?

Many strains will hermie as a "survival" method when not pollenated to ensure procreation. Some sativas won't even take as long as the full flower period.

I also thought Soma's method was a light manipulation method, but I refered the wrong post. but @ CC they do have a light manipulation technique I'll try to find it.

Good luck with it man.

I want to try if for nothing else to find out if it works and post here for members to see. It just seems to me that if it were that easy more people would do it in their own home. I guess most just find it easier to clone..

bombbudpuffa said:
I think what he means is by breeding with hermies you're introducing hermie genes to the pool. Use ga, silver or unstable lighting(12 on, 5 off, 8 on, 10 off, etc.) to hermie a female and sex a totally different female, not a clone, with the hermie pollen and you get feminised seeds.

BBP is correct. You can bank on it.

DM

STS is what you should use on plants you have tested that are reluctant to reverse by light stressing. Here is your basic recipe..

Part A: .7 gram silver nitrate stirred into 40ml distilled water
Part B: 2.6 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 160 ml distilled water

Next, slowly add the silver nitrate solution to the sodium thiosulfate solution while stirring. This combination is then added to 800 ml of distilled water to equal 1 liter. This is your final stock solution. It is diluted 1:9 with more distilled water to make your final working solution, which then gets sprayed on your target plant.

TheStickyIcky said:
It just seems to me that if it were that easy more people would do it in their own home. ..

"hit the nail..RIGHT on the head" sticky

Latest posts

Back