first crop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamey

Reaction score
Hi there. my first crop is coming along nicely with trichomes aplenty on the leaves (although not covering them) nearest the tightly packed pistils,buds?

However, It's pretty noticeable to me that a few of the fan leaves have started to yellow.
Do I have anything to worry about?
I've got 4 of these plants, that were clones.

They are in the same room as another 4 that i grew from seed.
These plants are a good couple of weeks behind but are budding nicely too, although they have no tri's as yet.
They are taller than my smelly plants but the canopy of the plants is the same hight. Not too close to the bulb for sure and are getting plenty of good light.
Hope I'm just being paranoid.:eek:

I'm very proud of these beautiful flowers I have grown.
I would hate them to come to any harm.

how far into flowering are you? as you come to the end of flowering its normal for the leafs to start yellowing and droping off

like fruity said if you are in an advanced stage of flower you can expect
yellowing, remember the plant is slowly dying, and in this case it is exactly what we want,

judging by your comment on the thrics you are seeing you are in mid to late flowering, i wouldnt woory it is normal, but pics would tell the whole story
good luck

Need pics to be sure but it sounds normal behaviour

Great you two,one releived jock over here. I'll take a couple of snaps and put them up. If they were indeed into a late stage of flowering would it be safe to say i should start to flush them now? They have been growing in coconut type stuff. 12 on 12 off 600 sodium. I've been feeding them 25 ml to 5 l water with Bio Bloom npk 2.0-6.0-3.5 10ml to 5 l Bio Heaven npk 0.91-0.18-0.24. I must say they do look lovely

How long have they been in flower? The only way to tell when they are done is by the trichs. and depending on how you like your buzz depends on when to start flushing. I will give you an example. I like my trichs between 30-50% amber, so I start flushing when I have say 10-15 % amber, that gives me a week to 10 days of flushing for the trichs to get where I want them. So if you like more of a couchlock high, you may want to wait until your trichs are about 30% amber before you start flushing, and hope that they get to say 50% by the next 10 days or so. Obviousely all strains are different and are going to ripen at different rates, so if it's your first time with this strain, it is sort of a guessing game, but take notes that way when you grow round 2 you can make adjustments, to better dial it in. Good Luck to you.

That is very sound advice comrade. My partner kikes the more giggly high so time to start keeping a close eye on the 4 clones.
I think they are still a bit off yet going by some of the photo's i've been coming across.
I've put a lot of effort into this project, maybe a bit overboard before just dipping my toes in but getting quality weed is like getting rocking horse **** in scotland and very very expensive at£200 an ounce!!
maybe my grow room wasn't so silly after all.

You sound like you know your stuff could you help me on this one?
My buddy gave me 4 surplus clones he had.Thay were smaller, more bushy, free of mites,bugs, mould etc. they are flowering nicely maybe 3-4 weeks ahead of mine.Which have started budding like crazy now too.Though no tich's as yet. They however have grown a good foot and a half higher than my not too far off 4 clones.
Can I bend the ones I grew from seed a little as i'm running out of hight.
I should have planted the seedlings in smaller pots me thinks.
They are looking great though. It would mean me raising the flowering room roof. Big job would have to move all the plants into a cold atmosphere etc.
Any ides??

shamey,

You can always try tying down any plant that is getting too tall. Just be careful to bend them slowly and gently to avoid breaking the stem.

You could also try supercropping/topping them but remember IF you over do it you may harm the plants. At the very least, you will slow them down by several days to several weeks.

Great smoking.

yes you can gently bend the main stem over and tie it to the side of the pot. Alot of people drill holes in the container rim, so that they can tie the plant over. Read any stickies on LST (light stress training). You can also move the smaller plants closer to your lights, by setting them on old books, or blocks of wood.

If you are starting seeds though, those will need a longer lighting cycle than the plants that are budding, do you have a seperate room for your young vegging plants?

Don't try topping any of your plants that are flowering, or supercrop either for that matter, unless it is absolutely needed. Stress causes hermi's, and also your plant will have to heal from you cutting or breaking. This takes away valuable flower prodution time.....your best bet in flower is to bend and tie.

Don & legalise,I can't thank ye both enough.
The 8 plants are all in the 12-12 stage, same room, same light, 600 sodium grolux. The 4 I grew from seed are taller and have a stalk as thick as a cows titty,they can bend for sure.That has put my wee para brain at peace!
I am so relievd.I had pictures running through my head of having to raise the grow room roof!!! They won't need bent much. just over to the right or left 8 inches or so. These plants are 4 feet tall and starting to bud like crazy.I mean you can almost watch them grow in front of you eyes!
The 4 clones are further on but are smaller. I do have these raised to a sensible hight.
I never knew I could get so obsessive about something but they are visions of lovliness. Thanks you fellas. lcc. Shamey

shamy,

You're certainly welcome, and yes i agree that supercropping/topping during flowering is a LAST resort because it will at least slow the plant way down if not cause hermies or death.

Isn't wonderful the way they grow on our minds and hearts. I've grown other plants but never had them grab me like MJ does. BUT REMEMBER WE WILL ALMOST ALWAYS LOVE THEM TO. DEATH RATHER THAN NEGLECTING THEM.

Great smoking man.

(What does shamey mean in Scotland, if anything?)

Bout a month H.G. I should have been keeping a wee journal of dates and stuff. I'm actually never away from them. just keeping an eye on and not messing with them though. I have some pics of them in another thread on indoor growing I put up today. Would you mind having a wee peek at them and tell me what you think.Any advice would be much appreciated. It is my first time but I am doing my best.Can only get better though eh? I now know what I'm putting in my lungs instead of the crap hash you get in scotland. I don't smoke tobacco but everyone else does???? The bong is good for me.I'm really looking forward to some good flushed clean weed.

Don, It's short for Seumas. (James in english).

Latest posts

Back