First grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydrotoker

Reaction score
This is my first time trying to grow hydro. I'm growing Lowlife auto AK47 x Auto Blueberry. I'm using a 400w HPS, a drip set up with a 4 gallon reservoir. I have GH nuts and PH up/down. My grow space is approx 4ft x 2 1/2 ft. I'm using the closet where the washer and dryer are suppose to be. I'm hooking up a fan with the exhaust through the dryer exhaust. I have no intention of using mylar this time around. Just planning on being very basic to see if I like it better than using soil. I have 5 seeds just waiting to pop then I'm going to place them in some rockwool under CFL for about a week or two then place them in my set up. Once I get going I take some pictures.

It may seem obvious, but make sure you know where that dryer vent comes out... They tend to be ~5' off the ground, and if people are walking by the area it exhausts into, you can bet they'll get a good nose full. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you already took this into account, but you can never be too cautious. Good luck. :)

Thanks for the advice. I live in an apt complex so its something I've been thinking about alot. My choices were to either pull cool air from the outside or pull air out. The vent is about 2 feet of the ground but there is no foot traffic. I think I'll be ok for the first month, once it starts to bud then my concerns will increase.

All 5 of my babies have cracked and I have placed them all in rockwool. Hopefully in a week or 2 I will transplant them to there permanant home

hydrotoker said:
Thanks for the advice. I live in an apt complex so its something I've been thinking about alot. My choices were to either pull cool air from the outside or pull air out. The vent is about 2 feet of the ground but there is no foot traffic. I think I'll be ok for the first month, once it starts to bud then my concerns will increase.

Have you put a filter on the exhaust? It probably won't kill the smell completely, but if there's any possibility at all for someone to be passing by there, I'd definitely invest in one.

hxxp://www.patriothydroponics.com/Odor-Sok-4-in-x-12-in--p1523.html

This is my ghetto set up at the moment. Will move the other stuff in in approx 1 week. This is my six day since placing them in rockwool.

DSCF4015.JPG

DSCF4016.JPG

DSCF4017.JPG

I have to give props to everyone who grows using hydro. I was trying my best to go the hydro route this time but I have jumped ship back to soil. I lost one of my babies and I think I'm in the process of losing my second. I switched to soil to hopefully save them. The added stress of transplanting them will not help. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. I've spent a lot of time reading as much as possible before switching to hydro. I got too paranoid. I'm I watering it to much, feeding it to much, is the pH low/high. I'm guessing I should have started the cracked seeds into bigger cubes and let them grow more before putting them into my set up. :headbang2:props to the hydro grower!!

judging from the 1st pic it looks like your cubes were too wet...not sure if this was your problem or not...

Yeah, maybe too much water for the seedlings in those cubes. Hopefully your babies manage to make it through this stressful period in their life. Well, at least you tried using hydroponics... I don't think I'll be wanting to even try for a good long while... seems like a lot of work while you can quickly set up a soil-based grow. But hydroponics does sound interesting though.

I think the stress is too much for my little babies. I'm planning on waiting another day or two to see if they turn around. The main vein of each leave is now yellow.

Latest posts

Back