First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roddy, I know you ain't lying -- they are looking pretty good right now tho.

I'm a little bit bias, but I'm thinking they are looking exceptional for a first grow. I know a lot of things can still go wrong -- it's got me sitting on the edge of my seat -- I'm thinking if I don't mess with them too much they will turn out fine. I'm being very careful when making nutes now (modified PuffinNugs technique).

Thank you Jack -- I'm a proud Papa :)

Fed the WP and the biggest PMM -- funny how they are needing water now that they are bigger -- I was feeding them once a week, now it's every three days. I gave them GH 3 part for bloom and CalMag plus and 1/4 tsp Cha Ching. I stopped and picked up more 3 gal pots -- I also bought some dolamite Lime for my next batch of soil and some more FFOcean Forest soil. It's amazing how much cheaper EVERYTHING is at the nursery.

I have a question: How do you get the timing right? If you clone just before flipping the mothers, the clones get really big by the time the flowering has been accomplished and you can get them under the HPS in the tent. I can't begin to flower before that because the vedge room isn't light tight. Should I just clone one of the clones a few weeks before the flowering is ended?

HemperFi said:
I have a question: How do you get the timing right? If you clone just before flipping the mothers, the clones get really big by the time the flowering has been accomplished and you can get them under the HPS in the tent. I can't begin to flower before that because the vedge room isn't light tight. Should I just clone one of the clones a few weeks before the flowering is ended?

Thats an issue for many, i just did that, it takes 2 weeks for clone to root, let it go for another 2 weeks and cut clones off of it, they take 2 weeks to root and then they can veg for 2 weeks more and boom, you bought yourself 8 weeks, jmo

this can all be avoided by having a veg and clone room, but if you dont what i said should work.

dman, I have a rapid rooter set up w/ CFLs on a shelf, and I have a vedge area with the clones I took from the ladies in the tent. So, what you are saying is to clone the clones inj vedge. This is going to take some thought. Thanks dman.

I take clones a couple weeks before I plan to flip the gals, this allows the gals to heal as well as the clones to root. Then, when the gals finish, the clones are ready to rock. Now, I am a little limited on headroom, so it could get interesting ;)

Roddy said:
I take clones a couple weeks before I plan to flip the gals, this allows the gals to heal as well as the clones to root. Then, when the gals finish, the clones are ready to rock. Now, I am a little limited on headroom, so it could get interesting ;)

That's what I'm saying. I took clones the day I put the mothers in 12/12 -- the mothers still have at least 5 weeks to go, and the clones will be huge by then -- I suppose I can LST them --I have already topped them once -- so I guess I can clone the clones a few weeks before the buds are ready, but then they will be very small.... I'll figure it out....

Today's pics:

100_0774.JPG

100_0777.JPG

100_0778.JPG

100_0779.JPG

100_0780.JPG

100_0781.JPG

100_0782.JPG

100_0783.JPG

Thanks Jack -- you may be right, and I may have some dank, and I am really impressed with how we all put this grow together. I swear I am only the caretaker of this grow. I have done some things on my own, but by-and-large I have done what I have been told. I was lucky in that when someone said, "you need a *** dollar this or that, I could order it or go find it. The clones my Cuz sent made my grow happen -- I have been experimenting a little with nutes -- almost killed one plant -- mostly I have just done as I have been told by a few masters of the art -- it IS an art form you know? And it gets you high too :)

PuffinNugs said:
atleast 30 more id say

Boggles my mind to try and picture these plants in 30 more days. Scares me actually -- something COULD go wrong... Praying to the Hemp Goddess -- chanting, oooommmming, suplicating, toasting the Gods, and staying stoned...

Peace

They are looking good. Continued Green mojo. They will be just fine.

Oh yeah, your in the homestretch now! Just keep doing what your doing and you'll be fine. Sorry, i hav'nt been around as of late, i'm all worn out:eek: But i want ed to peek in on ya, and all looks great :) Hang in there

Thanks so much for the mojo Rosebud -- I am happy you dropped in -- 29 more days :)

Sol, I was missing your input -- rest up dude -- were coming to the home stretch -- The Mighty Might is changing colors, the WP is so frosty it is simply amazing and the AK47 is the star -- she is pushing out huge buds all over the place. I am just stoked.

HemperFi said:
That's thirty days in flower -- how many more?

You need to get info on the strains that you have regarding flowering time. After that check the trichs. That is your indicator to when harvest. The time given by the breeders is more or else ok, usually is less then the needed. If they say 60 days probably it can take one more week. AK-47 ( if from SS ) is 53-63 days.

bho, I read this today when I came online and went looking to see what the strain reports had to say about finishing times. You are right about the AK47. The rest I could find just say 6 to 11 weeks. I will get a scope this next week and keep a close eye on them. I will harvest when the trichs are 90 percent cloudy and 10 percent amber.

I want to say something about Cha Ching. The stuff works. I have just been using a quarter tsp per gal, but all the plants I have used it on have doubbled their trichs over night. I've only given it to one of the Mighty Mite ladies, and she has twice as many trichs as her two sisters who haven't needed water. I'm going to give them all a full dose of the stuff on their next feeding. The WP has had three small doses and she looks like she has been dipped in sugar -- The AK47 has had it twice and has busted out in glistening trichs. I'm sold on the stuff, and it is going to last a long time.

I THOUGHT I had bought some more three gal. pots -- turns out they are five gal. pots -- I didn't realize it until I transplanted a clone into one today and then sat it up in the vedge area. Ironically, I thought I had bought 5 gal pots when I bought the three gal. ones --lol -- space case...

Peace

PuffinNugs said:
adding too much of a booster can affect yor bud size, sure theyll get extra frosty but ime too much will create smaller, rock hard buds, sounds good but its not. you want big, dense buds, that sounds better right :) some times too much can even effect maturity, theyll just never mature and after 12 weeks youll be wondering why none of your hairs are changing and the trichs stay the same also jme

I have only hit one plant hard with the stuff. I'm glad you told me. The hairs on the Poison Mighty Mite are already getting red, and the one I gave a little of the Cha Ching to has a lot more trichs on it than the others. I was thinking the more trichs the better... live and learn -- thanks Puffin.

Latest posts

Back