First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a look -- they don't mean beer -- do they?

100_0950.JPG

To have all 8 of the Cheese seeds pop is really sweet. Not just because I know it's great weed, but because popping seeds was the one weak link in the chain of my grow knowledge. I actually didn't know if it was me or the seeds -- I was betting on me, but now I'm leaning toward bad seeds. I did do it a little different this time, but not all that different. Mostly, I was more comfortable about doing it, and it just felt right afterward. I don't know...

I was going to close down this Journal, but it just keeps growing, and so do the plants. If I'm using up too much band width let me know. :)

Questions and coments are most welcome...

When does the life force within a plant begin? Is it living when it sinks to the bottom of the glass even beforer it has sprouted? And where does that spark of energy come from? -- I'm pretty high :)

I like pics -- don't you? Here are a few of the possible stretch, and the girls in the tent starting to flower after 10 days:

100_0948.JPG

100_0949.JPG

100_0950-2.JPG

100_0951.JPG

100_0952.JPG

100_0953.JPG

100_0954.JPG

100_0955.JPG

100_0956.JPG

There always seems to be one plant that is... different. One of the seedlings popped up with what looks to me like two heads. It was the last one to shed the seed case -- this morning it was stretching straight up wearing the split open seed case like a helmet. I eased it off and it opened up nicely -- only it has 4 leaves instead of two and two first leaves coming -- have a look:

100_0958.JPG

100_0959.JPG

100_0960.JPG

100_0961.JPG

post 10,000...:hubba: :cool: mojo for the babies...

:48:

Trifoliates, triploids -- wow -- I'm impressed Puff. I will keep a careful eye on this plant. Thanks for the info.

Thanks Irish.

Good luck for that Cheese. Be aware of rats :p. Nugs of Cheese ... You treat yourself well :aok:

:48:

Life is good BHO. I hope you are doing as well over there in Portugal. The ladies in ther tent are flowering and looking good. I will get another fine harvest out of there in January. The Cheese is growing -- stretching more than I like, but growing nicely just the same. They are under 450w of MH -- the same amount of light I just vedged 9 plants under, but I'm wondewring if they require 600w of light -- I don't know, and I do not want to fry them. I'm suppose to be getting better at this. :)

I am getting a lot of views, but not nearly enough replies to this journal. I need feed back people. It's just me, Bubba and the ducks out here. Talk with me please :)

Peace

I know these baby pics are pretty boring, but I wanted to show the stretch I'm getting. Should I hit them w/ more light? Seems funny to me that the seedlings right under the light are stretching more than the plants on the edges -- what do you think?

100_0962.JPG

Hey Hemp. I got the same cheese you got bro. Recieved them today and am soaking them as I type. You inspired me. You could do me and a lot of us newbies a solid. You have the cloning down to a science from what I can tell. I am having no luck at cloning. What I would like is if you would be so kind as to tell us step by step how you are cloning your plants. What chemicals you use. What you are starting them in (tray, starter plugs), ect. The whole shibang. Start to finish. I know I would appreciate it. You definately have the touch for cloning. So if you would pass on that knowledge I would appreciate it. Keep up the grow. Peace.

HemperFi said:
It has got to be a strain thing. My AK-47 and White Power are not so easy to clone as the PMM. I put a mix of very weak GH three part nutes in the cloner, wack off the branches with sissors, toss them in water -- when I have all I want/need, I wipe off my blade w/ alcohol, pull them out of the water, lay them out on my plywood bench one at a time and cut them -- I don't care about a 45 degree angle, I just cut them just under a node -- then I scar up the node and put a cut up the end of the stem, dip in "Green Light Rooting Hormone," stick in the RR making sure I don't push it all the way through, and stick it in the cloner. I mist them morning and night, and I ignore them inbetween -- after a week or so I usually have roots :)

I don't recomend doing it my way -- I've just had some noob good luck. I hope you get it under contrtol soon my friend.

Peace

lol just happened to pop up in my thread earlier :)

By the way, I just harvested 3 plants I grew from all the knowledge I stole here at MPF. Aint life grand. In the last few months I have spent a small fortune getting started. I've got 5 tents going now between me and my sister and theres no stopping me now. This is as fun as sex and more rewarding.

Rapid rooter -- the whole package -- plugs, trays and dome -- I think it was 35 bucks at the hygro store. I taped down one side of the dome so I can open and close it easy and hung 2 small full spectum CFLs over the dome. Let me know if it works for you -- like I said -- just noob luck if you ask me :)

nice to see you again smoke -- green mojo to you and Sis :)

Peace

And congrats on the harvest, Smoke -- it's a treat smoking something you grew yourself -- truly.

HemperFi said:
And congrats on the harvest, Smoke -- it's a treat smoking something you grew yourself -- truly.

Thanks Hemp. I quick dried some of the small stuff bro and to tell you the truth, the first smoke felt almost as good as the birth of my 6th grandchild:) . Hey I saw you have a new cheese grow going so I'm with ya. Mine are soaking now. I'm gonna figure out the picture thing and I'll show ya whats cookin. On the seeds that showed strech, I had a pineapple chunk that did that and man that is one short, bushy plant now. Topped it like I saw you do some and its a beaut now. Anyway, Green mojo back at you and see you on the new grow.

You are more than welcome along Smoke. I will be interested in your's aswell. Get some pics going.

I have to tell you all, I am really having a good time growing weed. I was just putting the ladies to sleep, and then I put a little more soil on the babies and watered them, sprayed the clones -- it's a good life I tell ya :) I raised the light over the babies a little too -- soooo much fun...

Peace

It is so nice to be able to take one or two hits off a .6g joint, and then sit back and feel it wash over you.... I'm real pleased w/ my weed -- the PMM is wispy and thin and I haven't even tried smoking it -- I believe I let it go way too long -- one of the plants had a hole all the way up the stem -- I'm thinking of making hash out of it.

The (suposidly) AK-47 which looks just like the pics on utube of AK-47, Is some very powerful smoke -- two hits -- the White Power is strong as well, but it has a smell to it I don't really like -- it smells like over ripe fruit, but it hits like a freight train and works as well as the AK. I'm truly pleased w/ my first crop -- this next one will be better tho -- and the cheese will be my first real grow. I'm going to try real hard to put everything I have learned here together for the CHEESE.

The girls have been in the tent for two weeks tomorrow -- they look fine -- the PMM is drooping a little, but it will be okay. They have been getting transition nutes -- they get full on flower nutes. I'm going to hold off on the Chi Ching until late bloom. The AK in the 1 gal. coffee container is growing just as well as her counterpart in the 3 gal. pot -- not quite as green, but still nice.

The babies doubled in size over night. They look as happy as a little pig in a mud puddle :) At the risk of boring you-all suicidal, here is another baby pic -- they have been living three days:

100_0965.JPG

100_0966.JPG

100_0967.JPG

See, this is what I'm saying, it took nearly two weeks for this one to get ready -- it's an AK-47 -- I'm going to have too many plants -- I think I can deal w/ all that :) here is a pic of the new clone:

100_0968.JPG

Latest posts

Back