First PLant [Special Kush #1]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtjones12

Reaction score
So I just got my seed and I germinated two days ago.. I planted it and I check on it and its popping out the soil and it looks like this.. Im kinda worried does it supposed to do this?? If not whats wrong with it? As u see also its standing perfectly.

709bfb8c-9c4d-400c-ac4b-5098ca881818.png

31206ff1-ce29-4db9-b621-ec61d173009a.png

f1520c94-c3f1-4af9-a417-afb363a3ec33.png

What kinda soil? I don't see much for drainage and arreation

The plants alive.... Congrats.

Cross yer fingers for a female!

Welcome to the Site!!

Unfortunately its hard to tell much by your pics as I can't get a closer view myself. It appears that the cotyledons are very yellow looking already. Your soil doesn't look to be the right soil for growing MJ but I'm not sure.

How much knowledge of growing MJ do you have? MJ is a very finicky and tricky plant to grow. Many people think its just a weed that can grow anywhere but that isn't true. MJ is a specialized herb that requires very specific environmental factors to grow properly and produce any kind of quality products. If you don't have much knowledge or experience but want to learn to grow your own, we can help you, but we need more info from you on what you have going and what you want to accomplish :)

I was one of those that stopped by but didn't comment. And the reason I didn't comment was because I was short on time and I think there is a lot to say here. I want to encourage you to do some reading and studying if you are serious about cultivation of cannabis. Hushpuppy is correct when he says that it is not a weed and it does not grow like one. The more you know, the better your chances of success. You are going to need a special place to put your plant that you can control the environment.

First we generally start seeds in a small container or something like a rapid rooter or rockwool cube so we can control the moisture to the seed and seedling once it sprouts. Seeds should be started in a seed starter mix. Seed starter mix will have no nutrients in it whatsoever and you do not want anything that controls moisture either--those moisture crystals are not good for growing cannabis, which needs wet and dry periods. I am with Hushpuppy in that I believe that the soil you have planted in does not look good. It has big chunks of bark and does not appear to have any perlite or similar to help aerate the soil and aid drainage. I suspect that the soil is contributing to yellowing of the cotyledons--not good when the plant is this young.

You should also plant at least 3 seeds. Males are worthless except for pollen. They are generally destroyed as soon as they show themselves. So, to get 1 healthy female, I would plant at least 3-4 seeds. If these are bagseed and you have more, you may want to start over in a better soil or a starter plug and a smaller pot. What are your temperatures and is there a light over the seedling? If so, what?

False alarm people! Sorry to waste your time! The plant i checked on it this afternoon after school and it was taller, strong and green! the cotyledons have came!

Not a waste of time when you learn somethin' .... Congrats!

Thanks and I also turned on my fan, hoping for a strong stem.

so oscillating huh?

i have a vornado fan that is set to it's lowest setting blowing across the top of the plants for just a little leaf movement. the fan does not oscillate.

need to change that out?

thanks!

Latest posts

Back