First Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keyspy2

Reaction score
I have been growing for about 2 years in soil, and this grow is my first scrog. I have a couple of questions. How full should i let the screen get before switching to 12/12, I thought I read somewhere 50-60% but can't seem to find it now. Also, do the plants just stay under the screen or should I weave them in and out of it? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I'm not sure which to do. I am currently growing Barneys Farm LSD under 400W MH(Veg) and using GH Flora Series Nutes, and am running my light 24/7. Any help would be appreciated.

You can also check out my thread to get an idea, much smaller space...but you get the picture. I pretty much filled the screen to 80% ish...I didn't weave in and out, but when a shoot would pop up, I would gently tuck it back under the screen and place it where I wanted it. Kind of in a pattern...just spread everything out.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57026

Also found that my screen (originally 1"x1" holes) was very tough to work with in such a small space. I ended up taking it out and cutting them to 2"x2" and it was way easier to pull branches under and get my hands in there.

All in all...the scrog has been fun so far. A lot of tending to during veg when the screen was filling up, but since I started flowering i've been sitting back and watching frosty goodness.

Oh yes....depending on the strain, be prepared for the flowering stretch. My LA stretched about 7-8" above the screen

Latest posts

Back