First Time Cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebest

Reaction score
Okay, so as some of you may know, I had to cut an outside plant down into clones because I was worried that it was going to be spotted. I feel much safer knowing that everything is inside. But now my question is, I put them in a glass of water, bottle water, and they are still alive. I stuck them under the floros that I have and that seemed to be working. I didn't get to use rooting hormone, but my question was, when should I put them in soil? should I wait until I see roots, or should I put them in before they sprout roots, or what should I do? I know there is a bunch of information on this forum, I am going to do some reading, but anyone just passing by and may be able to help, that would be great. Thanks

i've only cloned 1 time in straight water so i don't know how much help i'll be but i'll try. make sure you change the water every day, try to keep the lower half of the plant in the dark, roots don't like light. wait until you have root growth before puttin in soil. it can take 2 weeks or more for them to start rooting. i depends on the strain i guess. some plants root fast and some don't. once you see roots put it in plain soil. nothing with time released nutes.

Okay, yeah thats what I was thinking about changing the water. I know roots don't like the light, but how am I suppose to stop that? just tape up the cups and hope for the best? thanks for the help. Ill see how well these things do.

i would tape the cup so light can't penitrate the sides and put something over the top with a hole in it for the clone to go thru.

lol I guess if your going to do something you should do it right. Thanks man

your welcome. sorry i couldn't be more helpful. there are a few people that clone in plain water on here. or i know i've read about it on here before. try the search it should turn up some answers for you

Latest posts

Back