First time grower, Is this nute burn in flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

accid

This plant has been flowering for 2.5 weeks. I gave them a bit of fox farms tiger bloom and big bloom at 1/4 strength last week. My leaves are starting to turn a bit yellow on the edges and crispying up. I am unsure if this is due to nutrient burn or what?? Please help diagnose this problem. I am using soil and the ph i water with is about 6.6 - 6.8 everytime. I have not checked the run off yet, I will do so today. Here are some photos.

I am using a 400 w HPS.

sickplant1.JPG

sickplant2.JPG

sickplant3.JPG

Whats the temp in your grow room?To me they look thirsty, test your runoff and let us no your results!

Phatpharmer

The temps run between 75 when the lights are off and 95 when the lights are on. I know its a bit hot. the room is 9 SQ FT with intake and exhuast. I can not do much more to reduce heat. Anyhow, Ill test the PH when i water it today. I use sodium free distilled water. I then adjust the ph.

Phats right. - thirsty. I've used Foxfarm at fairly strong doses with great results although I've since switched to all organics which a more forgiving when it comes to plant burning and seem to produce equally vigorous plants. Your PH can get out of whack with high temps - and regardless of how much or little you feed your plants will stop absorbing nutes. Good luck

Currently i purchase distilled water. 1 dollar per gallon. I am at walmart atleast 4 times aweek purchasing about 12 gallons a week. This is becoming out of control. I recently purchased a water filter (not reverse osmosis). Someone mentioned that this filter which removes lead, asbestos, and something else.... will do fine for watering the plants with. Is this true or will i run into problems?

Let me know.

dude this is my opinion,
but just use tap water.
ive always just used tap water adjusted
to the right ph. i know other people
that use tap water too, no big deal.

I use the tap to. Never had an issue - but I've had slower growth in city areas with treated tap water, so a filters not a bad idea. can't hurt.

Whether you can use your tap water or not depends on the ppms of your tap water. Some water is very low in dissolved solids (mine is under 50) and is okay. Some people's is really high and it is not okay. You cannot just assume that your tap water is okay if you do not know the ppms.

I think the problem is caused by the high heat in your space--95 is just too high and IMO, your girls are just cooking...

The Hemp Goddess said:
Whether you can use your tap water or not depends on the ppms of your tap water. Some water is very low in dissolved solids (mine is under 50) and is okay. Some people's is really high and it is not okay. You cannot just assume that your tap water is okay if you do not know the ppms.

I think the problem is caused by the high heat in your space--95 is just too high and IMO, your girls are just cooking...

I'm confussed?Whats a high ppm out of the tap got to do with anything?Maby w/ lil girls,but if I'm rockin 1650 ppm tap @ 420 after bloom-n-goodies brings it up 250 more(420+250=670)1650-670=980.980 is what I use the nutes to bring up more.tap+additives+nutes=ppm?
Understand ph up+down both r added to the ppm,only lilbitty,if your careful.
OMHO,tap is good-let the chlorine evaperate,of course like 24 hrs w/ airstone is recomended.
This is my way.I stick to the highway,lol

How can i reduce the heat inside my chamber?

I have 2 fans blowing air around and an intake, of 250 cfm. My exhaust pushes air through a carbon filter... its two 250 cfm inline fans attached to one another. I would think i need to blow this hot air out at a fast rate but realistically i am unable to do this.... Is there another solution? what is the MAX heat it should be in? It runs roughly 93-95 degrees when the bulb is on.

If you're working in 9 sqft with a total of 500cfm, you should be hunky-dory. I'd revisit my set-up design if I was still running that hot. With those temps, you're gonna have all sorts of probs--the worst being scant buds.

Water: never assume pH. Bottled water is right out the ground and filtered with no guarantees on pH. Distilled is no better than the container you corrupt it with. MO: get a pH test kit and some pH up and/or down and adjust and test. I've adjusted my tap so many times that I know 2.5ml will flatten my pH out to the low sixes even after I add my FF, so I don't even test but maybe every third watering.

Peace and luck and get those temps down.

High PPM's can cause lockout and different micro-nutrient overdoses...this is something that i battle with using well water, but i still use it straight out of the tap, just gotta watch the signs and flush when needed...

I agree with the temp issue here...i think 95 is cookin them girls...gotta find a way to bring it down...even adding CO2 wont fix that high of temps...

When you have high ppms from your tap, you are feeding your plants unknown chemicals. Some of them may be okay for your girls....but some of them may not be. As Six mentioned, it is easy to get micro nute OD.

When you start with water with a low ppm, you are know what is in the water that you are feeding your plants. When you start with a high ppm, you are feeding your plants a significant percentage of who knows what.

accid, look into getting a cooltube...your temps need to be around 75-80. Just like the others have said, you're cooking your plants. How often do you water your them?

Good Luck
HazeMe

100% pH. I had what looks like the same problem on two girls, one was a WW and the other a bubble. I had used a different soil because I ran out of FF Ocean(that stuff is awesome).

Check your RUN OFF!!! Just because you water with 6.8 doesn't mean your soil is 6.8. The random organic I got from the local garden store has organic and had a crazy low pH of 6.0 (verified with 6.0 water).

Latest posts

Back