First Timer Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is looking nice! You're gunna have a great time harvesting in the end, not to mention smoking the fruits of your labour.

Looking good but beware of those bagseeds I had 15 seeds that i started and 14 of them were females so i thought but way into flowering about 6/7 weeks found out they were HERMIES they never showed a sign of being Herms until then and it was deep in the buds that i found the nanners...So just beware and keep a close eye on them JMO...I was so Pi$$ed I pulled everyone of them and just made ISO hash oil from them...tore the grow room down and am redoing the room after a major cleaning and have ordered good genentic from the Doc so when they arrive i will start over....well good luck and take care....

Sorry to hear about your luck with the hermies. Hopefully, I will escape that fate. I would probaly just let them finish that deep in and just scrub the room down afterwards....

trophy_1 said:
Didn't expect them to grow so fast the last couple weeks, I put them in flower at 12 - 14 inches and the two biggest are now 43 inches tall :holysheep:....:D:D:D
Ha, they dont lie when they say they triple in size!:D

Well its been awhile since I last updated....

Some bad news, some good. First the bad, the plants are going hermie on me. The small buds on the bottom have seeds. I haven't found any seeds on the top buds.

Now the good news, my girl and I took some samples and potency is pretty solid, kind of a good all around stone.

I'm thinking since I'm at day 42 of flower, I'll let them go and finish. I gave them ther last feeding of Maxi bloom tonite, I will start flushing in a few days.

HPIM0811.jpg

HPIM0812.jpg

HPIM0813.jpg

HPIM0814.jpg

HPIM0815.jpg

Buy some Reverse from Dutchmasters. It will stop the male flowers from developing but obviously the genetics are poor or you somewhere down the line light stressed them. Either way the seeds from these should be destroyed.

BuddyLuv said:
Buy some Reverse from Dutchmasters. It will stop the male flowers from developing but obviously the genetics are poor or you somewhere down the line light stressed them. Either way the seeds from these should be destroyed.
I thought about getting the reverse, but figured at this stage (6 weeks in flower) might as well let them finish then scrub the room down with bleach.

Since this is for personal consumption for my girlfriend and I, no need to worry about these seeds getting planted again. It was bagseed so I wasn't expecting a whole lot, more of a practice grow and fine tuning of my system.

I'm getting ready to order some good genetics, probably going to go with one of the following. Cinderella99, Snow White and White Widow. Maybe all 3, lol...

I vote all three and add Dutch Passion's Blueberry to the list. Check out my journal, they are the first row in my room, 3 weeks old and they are bushes. I have heard good things about Cinderella99, WW on the other hand has been tricky for me.

Yes just took a peek at your grow, your set-up looks awesome and your plants look great also.

I was pretty sure I was gonna go with WW, but it sounds like it can be a bit finicky and yields a bit lighter then most strains. I've been thinking go with all 3 and find a few mother plants.

I'll have to check out the Dutch Passion's Blueberry...

This is a pic of one of the buds near the top of one of my girls. Not the prettiest bud ever but we're gonna smoke her, lol. Kind of neat to look at though. :)

Should be starting to harvest near the end of this week. Going to head over to Radio Shack tomorrow to pick up a scope to inspect the trichs

A_bud.jpg

:holysheep: beauties! Great job on the first round!:D I am also on my 1st grow and ending my veggin' in 2 weeks or less...1? - how long did u wait after taking those clones b4 putting the plants that u took those clones from to flower?

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Does that ever look like a sweet, juicy bud or what? Good work thus man.

Thanks, MP. Just got home from Radio Shack, so once the lights come on I'll be doing some trich analysis. :D

MojoeGrowSomeMo' said:
:holysheep: beauties! Great job on the first round!:D I am also on my 1st grow and ending my veggin' in 2 weeks or less...1? - how long did u wait after taking those clones b4 putting the plants that u took those clones from to flower?

Thanks Mojoe,

I took the clones about 5 days before putting them in 12/12. I built the bubbler cloner that massproducer posted in the DIY forum. I took 14 clones and ended up with 12 rooting. Just used distilled water and kept them under my flourecents 24/0.

bombbudpuffa said:
Those are some very nice looking buds. Have any to spare:D?

Thanks bombbudpuffa,

As far as any to spare you'll have to talk to my girl. I do the growing she does 90% of the smoking, lol. ;)

KGB30 said:
Looking good.

Thanks KGB,

Your grows are looking good too.

Thanks all for dropping by. This site is awesome have learned alot and still learning.

I'll try to take some more bud shots tonite and post a few more pics....

:)

the bud looks sick awsome job good luck hope you show us the final product b4 you smoke it up

More Pics for your viewing pleasure....

The first two are just a closet shot.

Next is a strange plant, lots of waxy leaves not real heavy on the bud, also my shortest plant about 30 inches tall.

The fourth is a bud on one of my taller plants, about 48 inches tall.

The fifth is another short waxy plant.

Last but not least, this coming weekends smoking victim, lol. Been drying and curing it for about a week. Looks like it has powdered sugar on it. :hubba:

Got a scope from Radio Shack tonite, Most of the trichs are cloudy now, with a few starting to amber up. Hopefully one or two will be ready by this weekend, will be 8 weeks flowering this Saturday.

Figured I'll chop one or two at a time over the next week or two. I want to take them down with diffrent levels of amber. Maybe one or two at 25 - 30 percent then the rest at 50 - 75. Maybe let one go till almost totally amber.

Bud show.jpg

Bud show 2.jpg

Leafy Bud.jpg

Nice One.jpg

Waxy Bud.jpg

Sugar Coated.jpg

Latest posts

Back