Firts Grow Transplant Problem!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiscoKid420

Reaction score
I was reading about soil and felt that the soil where i was groing my plants was too compant although my plants seemed to be doing fine. I decided to bring some good soil from my garden at home, take out my plants mix the soil in and replace the plants. I took two plants out with a spade and the other I tried to carefully pull out because it was small but I may have lost some root. Anyways I came back two days later to water(did not water after new soil) and the last plant had withered greatly. That was yesterday and I have not been back since. Is this from root damage? will it heal?

yeah you might have damage the root got to give it time it should grow bac id water it

If you felt they were doing fine why did you transplant? If they were rooted they would have been fine IMO...Just my thoughts take care....

Also if you do another grow outdoors and don't want to worry about compacted or hard ground go to wal mart buy a 10 gallon trash can and go dig yourself a hole big enough to put the can in and fill with your own dirt make sure to put drain holes in bottom of can though...this will also keep foriegn roots from other plants out of your babies...well take care

you didnt water it after you transplanted tho? If you put dry soil in there, although it may appear moist when you pull it out of the bag, it will dry your roots. It could have dried up, or, it could again be root damage. make sure you keep her watered correctly tho.

You got root damage mate! :hubba:

The plant no longer has a sufficient root system to supply it with all the nutrients it needs to grow. It's like slowly choking your plant.....

The only thing i can recommend is to plant it, give it regular waterings with no nutes in it at the base of the plant. Then mix up a very-very-very diluted solution of nutrients and begin to apply to the plant foliary. Make sure you mist the plant atleast 2-3 times a day on the tops and the bottoms of the leaves. Also, if you have the ability, try to cover or shade the plant from direct light.

If all of these things fail, then you cut too much of the root system off for the plant to continue on! If you can, before it totally dies, you might try pulling a clone off the plant!

Nova

always water very well after transplant.....water her good asap and she might come back. could be needing water could be transplant shock...

all we can do is wait and see :)

I would check on her twice a day Bro.

KGB

Once in the Morning and late in the evening Bro.

Take care & have fun

KGB

try some B1 nutrient. Its a root stimulus for transplanting. I tore some of my root on my jolly green giant when transplanting and gave her some b1. Now she looks GREAT!

Next time just start with good soil and go with it. When the plants get knee high then put a hill of new good soil around the plants. It also helps if you are in a dry area put down cotton leaves or old rags and cover that with the new soil hill, this will help hold moisture in and under the layer when it gets dry. I hardly ever loose a plant or have any replant shock. Its all in getting use to moving and repotting and knowing how. Its all part of getting a green thumb. It takes practice and trial and error. Thats why if you a newby its always good too grow a few plants and try different techniques and see what works Slim Ps Ive tryed pots and pots in the ground and nothing works like using good soil and planting straight in the ground.

Latest posts

Back