Found a seed in my bud I harvested

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya the plant most likely went through some source of stress, minimal light/ water, maybe to much water etc. which caused the plant to grow atleast one male bud which pollinated the female bud. the seed should be very viable. depending on the strain its possible that u created a feminized seed

:farm: once, I had a couple seeds in a harvest, I too thought they went hermie, but I guess I just had a couple pollen grains from the previous generation when I cut a couple males. I regenerated those nepalese plants and never could get them to go hermie. the seeds were viable and produced a pretty good harvest by themselves in a later grow, 2 were female, 1 was male :hubba:

I just think that unless you are pretty sure this was germinated by pollen from an unknown male, you should trash can it. Consider, too, that the unknown pollen donor could be from feral hemp or a large low grade gorilla grow.

IMO, seeds are just not that expensive--so why take the chance with a real unknown. Five or ten bucks for a seed that can produce something worth $500- $1000 is not too bad in my view. Anyone with a decent indoor space has spent thousands to set it up, spends hundreds to keep it going--electricity, nutes, supplies, etc. Why scrimp when it comes to one of the most important things in your grow--good genetics?

i read some where awhile back that some times a female plant will produce a seed and that seed is said to be truely female... don't know but i did read that some where on the net....

gettinggray1964 said:
i read some where awhile back that some times a female plant will produce a seed and that seed is said to be truely female... don't know but i did read that some where on the net....

ohhh... well if you saw it on the 'net... it must be true.... :rolleyes:

LOL...just bug'n, man :p

SwisherSweets said:
plant the seed to make some weed.. if you know.. it will grow.

i just like the saying, but i also think that hempgodess makes a good point.. so just re arrange the saying,

if you know, plant the seed make some weed, it will grow..

im gonna use that as a quote... if you object pm me,

TokeWithHope said:
ya the plant most likely went through some source of stress, minimal light/ water, maybe to much water etc. which caused the plant to grow atleast one male bud which pollinated the female bud. the seed should be very viable. depending on the strain its possible that u created a feminized seed
That process describes the creation of hermies... NOT femmed seed.

Latest posts

Back