Getting Cold / Helps Flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyperbrandon

Learning the trade
Reaction score
Yea were I'm at its getting down to 65 in the morning. Is this OK? I've been told if it stays above 60-65 I'm good. I would just like to have some reassurance. Day time is about 85-95. Been raining a little.

Also could any one give me some steps to take if it does get to cold?

On a side note. This colder weather has really helped my ladies. They love it. There little hairs are just a stretching. And feeling in allot more then they were with that 95-103 degree weather. Is it true that the colder weather helps with flowering. I heard something about it helps loosen up something. I cant really remember what i read. Can anyone shed light on this?

MJ grown outside and grown inside is somewhat different. When you are growing outside, the plant responds to shorter and cooler days. After the summer solstice, the days start getting shorter and the plant recognizes this and starts to flower even though you may be far from 12/12 light. Shorter cooler days are a signal to that plant that time is growing short. I don't think that I would worry about doing anything special unless it seems that a frost was imminent.

Sounds like my temps... Our mornings 56 and 91 evenings... I was worried too but the plants will let us know if they need somewthing they always do

longtimegrower said:
Way to early to worry about temps if your days are still above 80.

Yea I no. I'm just asking for my own good. ;)

In my opinion cool nights as well as shorter days bring on flowering. Also a degree or two of frost will not hurt MJ, at least not indica varieties. On the contrary i have found that frosty nights and sunny fall days make big buds,

Latest posts

Back