Grape Ape,White Widow, Auto Bubbliscious Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Ganja

Learning to Cultivate
Reaction score
Well, no more practice for me its officially game on! I originally started out with a bagseed grow about 10 plants they all either hermied or where males. I have one that was a girl i took a few clones off her. My main grow was the grape ape I only had one seed of her(lucky me its one of my fav strains) and she turned out to be a girl! Didnt really have her under the best conditions,best potting, or the best lighting and she still thrived. I really like this plant i cut 11 clones off of her!:D Also i have White widow seeds that are in rapid rooter cubes(tip facing upward smh:eek: ) i included a pic in which u can see the taproot pointing upwards. I take the dome off once a day, i dont yet have a thermometer but im getting the digital ones that show you High and Lows and humidity. My grape ape was very rootbound in the gallon of milk container i had them in, i potted up today to a 2.5 gallon (no light on the roots this time THG;) ) And shell finish out in that pot. Also i have 2 Autos, not expecting much from them but I'm going to put them into tall 3L bottles when they transplant to let theyre roots stretch out happily, maybe ill get a nice yield doing that. Here are the pics!!:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

note: working on orienting the pics the right way bare with me as i resize them:eek:

photo 4-10.JPG

photo 2-13.JPG

The stretchy plant is my bagseed plant and the good looking lady is my grape ape :cool:

photo 1-13.JPG

photo 5-3.JPG

look how root bound they grape ape was, roots did seem healthy even with the light hitting it

photo 2-14.JPG

photo 1-14.JPG

photo 3-12.JPG

Pics of my grape ape in her new pot, a top shot of her, and my clones inside theyre dome

photo 2-16.JPG

photo 4-11.JPG

photo 1-15.JPG

And heres the rest of the pics My clones with the dome off, My 2 measly autos, and the white widows showing the root facing up in theyre rapid rooters. ill do better the more i post here also i plan to start using my DSLR to take pics so i better get good with resizing fast! good pics make people respond to your threads i think lol (im still missing a couple pics but ill *** more tomorrow)

Any opinions?

photo 4-12.JPG

photo 1-16.JPG

photo 2-15.JPG

4u2sm0ke said:
looking good...

:48:

Thanx alot man! yeah i had to take the training wheels off so to speak lol! I really like the grow shop i go to thats inspiring me to do better, faster, with my grows. So in the coming weeks ill be getting a 4 bulb t5, some nutes(got more research to do to figure out which set of nutes is best) thermometer and Ph meter(both digital).

Also i will be trying out a few training techniques. Fimming most importantly, some LST, i still have to do some reading on super cropping, and i am most certainly considering doing a SCROG this time around..

Ready to Cultivate!!!:icon_smile: :icon_smile:

shes recovering nicely from the cuts that i made to her. Looks to have more shoots growing from some of the nodes, and seems she didnt miss a beat with the flowering! In the next couple weeks I'm gonna add a couple more CFL's to the closet to finish her out. so far so good with my first experience cloning!:icon_smile:

photo 4-11.JPG

photo 1-13.JPG

photo 5-4.JPG

photo 2-11.JPG

My clones seem to be recovering nicely as well, none of them look wilted they all are trying to reach for the light, i had to re-dip and place a couple that fell out, shouldnt be a big deal. FWIW my bagseed clones seem to be doing really well. I relocated my veg plants to the closet i originally wanted to put them in. Couple weeks and ill be getting a 4-bulb T5 and some mylar to hang up in the closet.
As far as the autos I'm thinking about fimming them once they get appropriate growth. Im not going to LST just FIM with hopes of getting some extra colas and buddage out of them. :icon_smile:

photo 4-10.JPG

photo 5-3.JPG

photo 1-14.JPG

photo 2-13.JPG

My babies have been having a tough time smh but they're holding strong! i had to move them several times diff locations, lost my white widows (note to self: seedlings shouldn't stay in the dome too long) and now I'm down to just 4 grape ape clones which is fine. I also still have my puny bubbliscious. Everything is running on 12/12 at the moment as i don't have a separate location to veg the clones. Mayvbe in a few weeks ill be able to have a separate location and can veg the grape apes idk. Ive decided ill just run this strain for as long as i can. Just keep taking clones, its my favorite strain anyway. Ill get more seeds one day just no time soon. As you can see the leaves are starting to get a little frosty and some of the stems are turning purple. Thanx for looking

photo 1-13.JPG

photo 2-11.JPG

photo 3-13.JPG

photo 4-10.JPG

photo 5-3.JPG

do NOT fim the autos, autos do NOT respond well to any stress even supercropping and too much LST can screw them up too. get them into the deepest pot you have, at least 10 inches deep but 18 inches would be better and let them grow streight and tall no messin with em or yah run the risk of over stressing and possibly going all hermie on yah which is no good as you know, also unlike a photo period plant autos are automatic flowering so you cant FIM/Top them and just keep in veg till they get larger, they do what they want lol. id also recommend getting that veg area going asap, get the light first dont worry about the mylar to line the walls, flat white paint works just as well and doesnt wrinkle, also the autos do best on 20/4 light schedule. if you can get the light, even if the walls arnt white or lined with mylar it would be better to move the vegging plants and the autos into the closet and have the flower space on 12/12... 12/12 will greatly lower your yield on the autos, not that thats much of an issue if you dont care much about them but if you can get the most outta them why not, defently stick with photo period plants, they are defently the more prefered amoung growers, but yeah defently get that T5 fixture asap, the other stuff can come later, the seperate veg area will help you out 100 times more then mylar for the walls lol. thats kinda what i did, got the expensive items that were necessary and decided to go organic since theres no need to test pH if your starting with a good organic soil mix with micro organisms and got all the little odds and ends when i could as they wernt as essencial at the time being to get things off the ground so to speak. well anywho kinda got off topic, lookin great and keep up the good work man.

sunakard2000 said:
do NOT fim the autos, autos do NOT respond well to any stress even supercropping and too much LST can screw them up too. get them into the deepest pot you have, at least 10 inches deep but 18 inches would be better and let them grow streight and tall no messin with em or yah run the risk of over stressing and possibly going all hermie on yah which is no good as you know, also unlike a photo period plant autos are automatic flowering so you cant FIM/Top them and just keep in veg till they get larger, they do what they want lol. id also recommend getting that veg area going asap, get the light first dont worry about the mylar to line the walls, flat white paint works just as well and doesnt wrinkle, also the autos do best on 20/4 light schedule. if you can get the light, even if the walls arnt white or lined with mylar it would be better to move the vegging plants and the autos into the closet and have the flower space on 12/12... 12/12 will greatly lower your yield on the autos, not that thats much of an issue if you dont care much about them but if you can get the most outta them why not, defently stick with photo period plants, they are defently the more prefered amoung growers, but yeah defently get that T5 fixture asap, the other stuff can come later, the seperate veg area will help you out 100 times more then mylar for the walls lol. thats kinda what i did, got the expensive items that were necessary and decided to go organic since theres no need to test pH if your starting with a good organic soil mix with micro organisms and got all the little odds and ends when i could as they wernt as essencial at the time being to get things off the ground so to speak. well anywho kinda got off topic, lookin great and keep up the good work man.

Thanx for the input man! ok i won't touch the autos man they almost seem like synthetic plants smh. My clones are way healthier and stronger. I did have s separate veg room but i don't at the moment, when i can tho i will get the t5. I will put the autos in 3L soda bottles and let them grow out. in a month i should have separate areas I'm running on 12/12 because I'm tryna finish out that grape ape. I def want a separate veg area again so i can grow one of those grape ape clones into a mother plant. I want to always have this strain if nothing else

sounds good man and good luck, one thing to add, if you can get something deeper then a 3 liter bottle, a good minimum depth for autos is 15 inches, and the best is 18-20 inches deep, after that they really gain no benefit as the tap root never reaches that far down since they dont veg long enough or even live long enough. if the tap root on those autos gets too bound up in the small container before transplant it could also hinder its ability to grow as big and strong as it can. defently the one and only time ill grow autos, otherwise down the road if i get more from future orders ill be tossin them in the veg closet under 24/0 and just let them do what ever the heck they do, not too worried about them. since iv already grown out photo period plants and there is far more flexability with them, ill be sticking with photos from now on lol. well good luck with that grape ape. also remember that if worse comes to worse you COULD simply reveg one of the current grape ape plants/clones after its/they are fully grown out and harvested, just leave the bottom 1/3 or so of the bud sites, the tiny ones that arnt even a 1/4 of a gram, this could be one way to save the strain. its a good ace up the sleeve so to speak.

Ok so let me ask you, once the clones have grown to have some nodes and bush out a little could i still cut clones off them even tho they're under 12/12?

im not sure on that taking a clone from a clone, but i know people do it, i take mine from a vegging mother or orginal plant that follows rooted and slightly vegged clones into flower, but always taken from a plant in veg, as a last ditch if the flowering plants are still within the first 2 weeks of flowering there no reason you cant take and root a clipping. iv never rooted a clipping in 12/12 i know they still flower out but not sure if they actually root under those conditions. maybe wait for someone with a tad more experience to chime in...

You can clone at any time it just that when the plant is in flowering it takes a little longer to root and the plant has to got there reveg also.

Clones taken the 2nd week into flowering seem to root faster then those taken in vegging.

ozzydiodude said:
You can clone at any time it just that when the plant is in flowering it takes a little longer to root and the plant has to got there reveg also.

Clones taken the 2nd week into flowering seem to root faster then those taken in vegging.

yeah i have my clones in 12/12 right now they seem to be flowering? they're growing white hairs. I hope i can clone this grape ape again because the mother plant thats budding aww man she smells so good, and this plant really seemed to have some good genes:icon_smile:

If they are in 12/12 they are flowering. You need to get them under 24/0 so that the root faster and start re-vegging

ozzydiodude said:
If they are in 12/12 they are flowering. You need to get them under 24/0 so that the root faster and start re-vegging

What will happen if they stay in 12/12 will it just be a little plant with buds? or will it not be that many buds because the rooting system isn't up to par

Latest posts

Back