green lil worms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growright35

Reaction score
Sorry didnt get pic of lil green worms but maybe I can get some help of what they may have been or still are. Here in Fl. with lots of bugs. Got this lil clone from a buddy 2 wks ago and started strong. Last couple days leaves bein eaten by lil green worms that will drop down with a web. I have removed the worst leaves (not in pic) and manually removed what worms I could. Could they be larvae of spider mites? Not sure. And what should I use to rid them.
FORGET THE PIC CANT GET IT IN

growright, id recomend going to your local hardware store and buying a roll of screne, you know the stuff for screne doors and build a protective housing for it, what i did for mine was lay a few lenghts together and made a large cone, big enough to acomadate for the fact that the plant is going to get bigger this way you dont have to build several cages. after making your cage clear the area around your plant (enough to make sure the cage is completely flush with the ground to keep other critters out) and then stake your cage down,

just my 2 cents

IME green worms are moth and butterfly larva. They will hatch and eat the buds from the inside out. I used to spray the plants during vegitative state with bug killers, then hand pluck the worms out during budding. It's satisfying to squeeze the worms and pop them with your fingers, then after a while the goo builds up and you can make finger roll hash from it.:D

OK thanks for the reply but it is in my garage in my fridge grow box. I do have a prob with gnats and such cause I do have an open vent hole with a small pc fan. It appears to be a larvae of some sort that is eating the leaves in such a way that you can basically see through the leaf, like the leaf is netted. They also leave behind a blaack residue.I'll keep trying the pic..says too big but already cropped through picassa.

growright35 said:
I'll keep trying the pic..says too big but already cropped through picassa.
Growright, you need to resize it because the file is too big, not the pic itself. I had a lot a trouble figuring it out but that's due to my computer knowledge.

BK thanks much....was trying to describe it well. I would like to know what it may have been. Got some organicide and sprayed it well and hope that cures it. Never seen em before and feel they come from my buddies place where the cutting came from.Should be good to go for now.

What Sherwood said. Except for the really gross part about popping worms with fingers. Urgh.

You know what thanks Sherwood. I realize dont worry too much about what it is rather treat it with a multi culprit spray and move on. Less is MORE.

In my case the worms were on outdoor plants and I used to look through the buds ALOT to find the suckers because total devestation can and will occur. The only upside to them was during harvest and before I had any dry bud, there was always the worm dried bud. Meaning buds that got munched through the stem, and were already dry before picking the plants. And I'm serious about the popping, their blood mixed with the thc that collected on my fingers was rolled into the finger roll hash, awesome stuff.:D

Latest posts

Back