grow big fox farm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melnick

Reaction score
Question about fox farm. The schedule I have says to mix big bloom 2 tbl-gal and no grow big. But reading the backs of both container I see that grow big is for veg and big bloom should be added when I go 12/12. I am tired of burning my plants and trying to figure out the best dose. I will be reducing the strength according. So what do I follow, the schedule or the back of the container.

I would follow the schedule. The big bloom is a generic plant food, where as the grow big and tiger bloom are specific to the veg and flower periods.

I use big bloom throughout the entire grow, but only use the grow big during veg, and the tiger bloom during flower.

the schedule your looking at is soil correct. grow big is not used the very first week. but is used every week after, until flowering. however, big bloom is used thru out the grow. but after flowering grow big is used again at 7 and 8 weeks.

Thanks for the fast answer, umbra and lordhighlama.

Does anybody know the ph for distill water, trying to calibrate my ph meter. And does anybody have any suggestion on the best way to test the ph for a gal of distill water. I was testing a cup of water and then putting the cup back in the gal, but that might not be the best way to test the water

Don't calibrate your meter with water, get yourself some calibrating solution. The ph of distilled water can be all over the place in my experience with it. And can vary from gallon to gallon even if you are purchasing the same brand at the same time. Calibrating solution is cheap, and well worth it to know that your feeding at the correct ph.

edit- As far as testing, I just dip the little cup that goes to my ph-pen into my solution. If you are doing individual gallons, just pour a bit into your 'cup'. Or maybe better yet, if you are doing multiple gallons, mix them together in a bucket and ph the whole thing at once. And I toss it in the sink after testing, but that's just me.

what about fox farms beastie bloom and cha ching flowering enhancers? Is anyone using these? Does anyone have any postive feedback on these 2 products? I heard real great results from some friends who i have used it so i gonna try them on my babys going in the next couple days and test it out

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Beastie Bloomz® Soluble Fertilizer (0-50-30)
Heavyweight Blossom Builder for Gardeners and Hydroponic Growers[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Beastie Bloomz® is perfect for gardeners and growers who are ready to take their plants to the next level. This is a high-phosphorus soluble fertilizer that’s geared towards building amazing buds and flowers. Our revolutionary micronutrient pack is designed to create unbelievable internal bud density, which means that plants create fat, dense, tightly-packed blossoms, and plenty of them. You’ll also see exceptionally brilliant color and a long, dazzling blooming season.

Garden tip: Start with Open Sesame® in the fifth or sixth week of a plant’s life. Once bud set begins, feed your plants with Beastie Bloomz® every other watering according to package directions and our FoxFarm Feeding Schedule. For high-yield results,
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Cha Ching® Soluble Fertilizer (9-50-10)Late Flowering Formula for Gardeners and Hydroponic Growers
Encourages Essential Oils and Succulent Fruit
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]FoxFarm engineered Cha Ching® to maximize a plant’s production. Every stage of the growing cycle demands optimal nutrition. Cha Ching® is a high-phosphorus fertilizer that won’t leave a salty residue or build up in the soil. Even better, we’ve included the micronutrient pack that FoxFarm is known for. It contains all the essential elements you need to support juicy fruit on compact, stocky plants.

Cha Ching® creates juicy, robust fruit with essential oils and resins pumping out of stems and leaves. That means concentrated flavor and perfect texture.

Garden tip: Start with Open Sesame® in the fifth or sixth week of a plant’s life. Once bud set begins feed with Beastie Bloomz® for a two week period. After flowers are fully formed, switch to Cha Ching® and continue through harvest. Feed with every other watering. For high-powered results,
[/FONT]

I just got all 3 of these solubles and I am using it for the first time. I got 1 week left of Open Sesame and then I switch to Beastie Bloomz.

By the way you can use Big Bloom from seedling all the way through. It will not burn your plants. I started with this and started Grow Big at week 3 at 1/4 strength

Melnick said:
Question about fox farm. The schedule I have says to mix big bloom 2 tbl-gal and no grow big. But reading the backs of both container I see that grow big is for veg and big bloom should be added when I go 12/12. I am tired of burning my plants and trying to figure out the best dose. I will be reducing the strength according. So what do I follow, the schedule or the back of the container.
Alot of use here use Fox Farm great stuff,I would follow the chart,And the best thing to follow for strength of nutes,I would follow your plant,Start off light and slowly bring up the strength.Watch for your tips of your leaves,they will tell you first,by browning,Then back off the strength alittle then.Hope this helps and Keep it GREEN:D

has anyone ever noticed that the dosing instructions on the back of the fox farm bottles are different, from if you you just go to their website and click on feeding schedules. if you go there an click on that it gives you a chart and when to use which nutes and at what strengths. everyone using fox farm should check this out.
im just wondering though why there are two completely different sets of dosing instructions.

bluealein56 said:
nothing? anyone?

To be honest the whole time I have been using Fox Farm I have never read the bottles. I just follow the feeding chart

bluealein56 said:
has anyone ever noticed that the dosing instructions on the back of the fox farm bottles are different, from if you you just go to their website and click on feeding schedules. if you go there an click on that it gives you a chart and when to use which nutes and at what strengths. everyone using fox farm should check this out.
im just wondering though why there are two completely different sets of dosing instructions.
the only diffence i have seen on the bottles and the pdf feeding chart is that the bottle show what dosage to use with out nutes add to the enhancer were the pdf feeding rile only shows with nutes with is half the strength the bottle shows ex evey other watering 1/4 to 1/2 tsp from pdf bottle shows that too but they also show 1/2 to 1 tsp on bottle says with out nutes.....

Latest posts

Back