grow room closet door

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchashow

Reaction score
ok im about to start my first grow and i didnt have a closet door so i got a couple of old doors but i had to resize one of them and i kinda butchered it. now i have about an inch of space at the top of the door and on the bottom side of the door. can anybody tell me how i mite be able to fix this? :confused:i really need help bcuz i read that you arent supposed to have ANY light leaks. any help appreciated.

get yourself some 3mil or thicker black plastic sheeting. cut a piece about 4", or more, bigger than the closet opening. staple or tape it to the top of the door (on the inside). a few pieces of sticky back velcro along the vertical sides will allow you to stick the plastic to the walls. then close the door. should block all the light shining trough.

good luck

how 'bout a curtain? (no DIY involved)

the curtain will leak light and can cause your plants stress, try some draft gaurds at the bottom and up top stick with the plastic like stated above just make it long enough so light doesnt leak in when your done turn on the light in the room pull the door shut with the lights off in your closet(with you inside) and see if the light leaks in.

Go to the depot and buy a cheap luan slab and re-hang it in the existing door jamb or buy a pre hung door(the easiest way to go).

I was just kidding with the curtain thing -- sorry I guess humor is somewhat lost across the internet - and it was a rather smart *** comment. But it was only meant in jest - no diy - so no fingers lost! (plus I was high - so it was probably only funny to me)

Latest posts

Back