Grow Room Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagametHB

Reaction score
New Grower here. Thanks in advance for the good help!

So I have set up 2 rooms - both 2x2x7 outdoor plastic sheds lined with mylar. I'm growing 6 mothers right now in full veg glory and loving it under a 2 foot by 4 bulb compact flouro set up. In the other storage bin I have a 250 watt HID set up, but on first run it fried my little clones. I had NO ventilation set up at all, and clearly this is my problem. The bins are side by side, so in an attempt to keep costs down, I ran 4" duct through both bins and attached a booster fanat the end, and added a small stand-alone fan in the flower room. It really accomplished nothing in the flower room - I plan to check the actual temp tonight but I am sure it runs above 90. So thats the backstory. Clearly i need some air, but what exactly do I need? If i get a 4" inline fan of the likes of vortex, and run it through a carbon filter, will that provide enough airflow to keep my small area cool enough? The bin itself is not airtight, and has a few little holes near the bottom - plenty to let in enough air, I am just worried that I'm gonna go out and pay 200 bones for the fan/filter and wind up needing a squirrel fan or some other cooling set up as opposed to the exhaust-oriented set up. Will it do double duty?

Thanks.

when you say that you ran the hose THROUGH both, what do you mean? If it is how it sounds then how would the stale air get into the hose inorder to be extracted?

You will have to explain this a little better. Also what is the size of the area that you put the 250w MH in?

OK. So the "rooms" are side by side. So I have an open end of 4 inch duct hanging in the "hot" room. the duct runs through the side of the "hot" room and into the veg room, where I have a 3-way duct fitting - one way comes from the other room, one way is open ended in the veg room, and the 3rd duct goes out. I have a small "booster" fan installed AFTER the 3 way fitting so it pulls air from both rooms. I also restricted the air flow from the veg room so most of the air that the fan is blowing out is coming from the "hot" room. I can feel the air flow in front of the duct in the hot room, so its clearly pulling air out, but just not that much, and definitely not enough to cool the room enough.

also, both rooms are 2 feet by 2 feet, and 6 or 7 feet tall.

im using the plastic utility shed too, and i know what u mean about keeping the temps down below 90. a suggestion , maybe u might wanna run each shed with its own venting set-up. i can see how u could do a coolable hood easily with the double set-up. what i did, is fit a 4 inch pvc pipe in the top of the cab, with a 4 inch 90 elbow coming off that, so the lip of the 90 sat flush on top of cab. this allowed me to run an inline from a hole cut in the bottom of cab, through tubing, through light, then, through tubing, and out through the 4 inch pvc up top. u follow? well , it dropped my temps enough to finally be able to close the doors. hope this helps. this is assuming your using a coolable hood. good luck ...

don't have a coolable hood.....

I was thinking along the same lines though - the booster fan works great for the room with the cfs lights, so I'm thinking I need a seperate set up in the other room. I guess I just need confirmation that an inline fan creates enough airflow to actually cool a room and not just filter the odors....

okay I see, my bad, a air cooled hood would be great but I don't think that you have enough room for that. What would be better is to get or build a cool tube for your 250w, and yes either get an inline or a dayton type blower, this should control your heat issues with the HID. Then you could use the booster fan to cool the veg room as the fluoros wont generate as much heat.

Latest posts

Back