Grow seasons / Hours of light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazewarrior

Protected under prop 215
Reaction score
I have been growing indoor for years and don't have much experiance with outdoor growing. For the past year or two I decided to grow a couple plant outdoors but I have been running into the same problem. The plants would flower no matter what season it is.

Here's what I figured out. I have been taking cutting I start indoor and placing them outside once the roots are set. I clone them and start them on 24 hours of light. I checked the table of daylight for my area and the most light I get in a year is 14 hours. No wonder they would go staight into flowering. I don't seem to have this problem when growing from seeds.

My question: Do I need to use suplemental light or is there a way to make the plants adapt to the light cycle? These clones are the only source of my genetics.

To keep them from flowering as soon as you put them outside you should start them inside on a 12/12 light schedule. When they are inside under 24/0 light and they go outside and start getting all that dark, they will sex and then flower.

Latest posts

Back