Growing bushier pot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cubby said:
A few years ago I grew a plant along the south side of my house behind some garden phlox( about 2ft. tall )and to keep them out of sight I laid a long section of chicken wire on the ground, put a large potted plant on each end to hold it down and as the Mj grew tall I tied its main stem down to the wire. It worked great. At the end of the season it was 12 ft long and had humps like the loch ness monster. Trimming it was really easy as well as all the buds were on one side. I think this works better than pinching as far as stealth goes. I had people who walk right by it and never saw it for what it was. It just sorta blended in with the other foliage. All the different shapes, sizes, and colors was perfect cammoflage. (BTY, I harvested just over 1 pound dried ).

CUBBY--
Music to my ears! Ive got a few BCBigBuds in the seedling stage that I plant to move out to the fence soon as it gets warm enough. There's a stand of bamboo there and I think one horizontal BCBB will be virtually invisible. A POUND??? FABULOUS!

Anyone else have anything to say about the 3 gallon pots I am using, it's an outside grow using LST method for the most budsights, I also was curious as to what LST's effect on root development might be, with all the extra budsights it seems feesable that it would create more roots to feed them, will this cause any root locking problems or will my 11" 3 gallon pots take my plants to full maturity?

P.S.: I'm only asking because I used to always use 5 gallon buckets, but they have gotten rather expensive compared to the $1.35 per 3 gallon nursery pot...

Also I read somewhere that you can cut clones 3 weeks before harvest without any stunting of growth delaying harvest time, this would be nice because I would be able to harvest my ganja and still have some plants (clones) left for the next year's spring harvest, which means I don't need more seed and they will grow quicker being clones, which is benificial for smaller spring harvests...

P.S.: I never clone past 7 times (biblical guidance) to be safe from loss of potency & vigor...

This is my crop at the end of day 3:
Lady Numbered.JPG

Took a quick pic of my babies when I was out there today,
I believe there 4 sprouts so far, ha 4 out of 20 what are the odds...

djdarkmeat said:
Also I read somewhere that you can cut clones 3 weeks before harvest without any stunting of growth delaying harvest time, this would be nice because I would be able to harvest my ganja and still have some plants (clones) left for the next year's spring harvest, which means I don't need more seed and they will grow quicker being clones, which is benificial for smaller spring harvests...

P.S.: I never clone past 7 times (biblical guidance) to be safe from loss of potency & vigor...

Taking clones wont affect the mother plant. But taking clones once the plant is in flower mode...I guess you will put the clones BACK in VEG mode? and keep them in VEG until Fall ? Im confused about the timing for a "Spring Grow" for next year? I mean, are you going to RE-veg and keep ot in veg for nine months? Or make clones of the clones?

What I want to do is harvest late oct. or so cut clones in early oct. and re-veg. them keep them in veg till early-mid jan. when the freezes stop let them flower till apr. harvest cure and dry jsut in time for my May 23 birthday (this would put them inside in veg. for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 months letting them root for a 1/2 a month then taking them outside to flower, I've done this spring harvest before, my question was will it slow growth to cut clones 3 weeks before regular harvest, it stays plenty warm in my state so they'll be fine during the winter months...

P.S.: I won't keep it in veg until fall, it isn't a "spring grow" it's a spring harvest and it grows in winter...we have two harvests in Florida especially as south as I am in the state.

So nobody knows anything about the double harvest in Florida or what?

purplephazes said:
THIS WORKS A TREAT!
What time do usually "Bend that bit ch over", i saw that you can start the LST early like around one month, but wondering when else is good time?

puffpuffpass024 said:
What time do usually "Bend that bit ch over",?

This isnt youtube sir its not a computer editing the post its one of the mods reading them and I think they would like it if you didnt make them work so hard lol

puffpuffpass024 said:
What time do usually "Bend that bit ch over", i saw that you can start the LST early like around one month, but wondering when else is good time?

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html<-- click...
1. This is the most simple of rules. There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation. If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

Once again anyone know anything or have any experience with the double harvest in Florida?

djdarkmeat said:
What I want to do is harvest late oct. or so cut clones in early oct. and re-veg. them keep them in veg till early-mid jan. when the freezes stop let them flower till apr. harvest cure and dry jsut in time for my May 23 birthday (this would put them inside in veg. for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 months letting them root for a 1/2 a month then taking them outside to flower, I've done this spring harvest before, my question was will it slow growth to cut clones 3 weeks before regular harvest, it stays plenty warm in my state so they'll be fine during the winter months...

P.S.: I won't keep it in veg until fall, it isn't a &quot;spring grow&quot; it's a spring harvest and it grows in winter...we have two harvests in Florida especially as south as I am in the state.
I have heard of some fla. growers that have done it. MY only concern would be with taking the cuts so late into flower. "IMHO/E" the later in flower the cuttings are taken, the longer and more difficult they are to root. G'luck!

djdarkmeat said:

P.S.: I won't keep it in veg until fall, it isn't a "spring grow" it's a spring harvest and it grows in winter...we have two harvests in Florida especially as south as I am in the state.

I don't grow in soil and I do not grow outside. However, I do not see how you can get 2 harvests of mj per year--it is somewhat different than other plants. When grown outside, flowering is triggered by the days getting shorter. I do not think that you can get a spring harvest while the days are getting longer, instead of shorter. Thie longer days tells the plant to veg, the shorter days tells it to flower.

Like I said, I do not grow outside, so I could be way off base, but I do not think it will flower in spring (unless you are in the southern hemisphere :D)

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't grow in soil and I do not grow outside. However, I do not see how you can get 2 harvests of mj per year--it is somewhat different than other plants. When grown outside, flowering is triggered by the days getting shorter. I do not think that you can get a spring harvest while the days are getting longer, instead of shorter. Thie longer days tells the plant to veg, the shorter days tells it to flower.

Like I said, I do not grow outside, so I could be way off base, but I do not think it will flower in spring (unless you are in the southern hemisphere :D)
the only way I have seen/heard it accomplished, was to veg indoors to heighth/maturity then putting them out while the days are "still" short enough to keep them flowering. IMO, that would require 'somewhere' in the neighborhood of 14 hours "maximum" of daylight.
I ran a heated greenhouse one winter, just for flowering. Moved mature plants from 20/4 hid lighting directly out into 8-10 hours of daylight.
The yeild and potency suffered. I discontinued the practice after one full season. The end results did not justify the cost . IMO/E.

I just want an extra harvest and I don't have the luxury of an indoor set-up, fotunately winter's aren't really winters in FLA so I need no heating...grow them till they root and re-veg inside under flourescents and then move them outside, the days are still short and it does it's thing...

Hick said:
I have heard of some fla. growers that have done it. MY only concern would be with taking the cuts so late into flower. "IMHO/E" the later in flower the cuttings are taken, the longer and more difficult they are to root. G'luck!

Maybe cut them in mid Sep., I know it might take a little longer to re-veg, but it should work right (throw it under some flourescents on 20/4 or 24/0 for three weeks to root and another 3-6 to re-veg. firmly) I should be able to take them outside by then right?

The Hemp Goddess said:

In the southern part of the US it stays hot enough and plants seem to re-veg out here even on there own and have a smaller but just as potent and mature harvest as the more drawn out fall harvest, the sun is rather intense down here so who knows maybe that has something to do with it?

I checked my babies today and 8 of them solidly took I am going to cut some clones from my other plant and plant some new seeds I justgot to bring it back up to 20 plants, all LST this year baby, should go for a nice hefty harvest in this lovely Florida sun...

I live in a very hot climate (most summer days are above 90) and I understand that extreme heat leads to stretching in plants, especially seedlings, I am afraid that this is happening to my seedlings and I was wondering how I might go about combating that, I have tried the crimping supercropping method but it's just hard to tell if you are doing it right on such small plants, especially since I am new to this method, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Latest posts

Back