Growing in hay bales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalikisu

Reaction score
This is a weird but interesting link I found about growing in hay bales. Has anyone tried this method? It looks neat.
hXXp://www.digitaljournal.com/article/201052

haybale garden.jpg

yeah you want your plants out of site and hidden thats why alot of people top their plants and use lst to get rid of that christmas tree shaped plant

just a thought, but, ive been thinking of a way i could use a nice little private, part of a stream as a sort of NFT way to grow. and i think KALIKISU may have just found my solution!!

:goodposting: THANK YOU, KALIKISU :48:

NTF??? and if your going to do this 85 post some pics so we see how it turns out!!

Cant you bury the bale? I would think it would help to break down the bale to nutes and hold moisture better. For a gorilla grow it may just work.

gorilla (sic) grow?:rofl:
great idea though. Yeah, why not.

I have grown flowers and veggies in hay bales. Not worth it, IMO. Bales dry out very fast and seem to suck the nutes into them making for stunted plants. The bales were awesome the next year for mulch and compost, though. They were full of worms

i was thinking that myself hay dont contain water for very long in the hot sun in the summer you would have to water it way to much to make it worth it

Latest posts

Back