growing on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Rose, let us smoke this as we happily wait for Satori :48:

those are my 2 new strains that will go in next grow: Y-Griega by Medical Seeds, and AfghankushxYumboldt by world of seeds. I have like white patches on them as well as on other plants in veg, I think I need to change my res. I will also put Satori and Delahaze, Critical will have to go for now even though it looks great and finishes early, it was the only plant that i did not clone.

View attachment 20160417_095507.jpg

I was facing the same symptoms of the first picture but mine was bending a bit in my veg stage. It was a ph problem. Lets wait experts to answer ;)

oh well, I guess that if changing the res does not solve it, i will apply pesticides.

Critical is almost done! I checked trichs 2 days ago it looked quite g00d and I am 55days into flowering

Good luck dude and keep us updated :D

Hey zem that kinda looks like thrip damage, not positive and I'm sure you have but I would check the undersides of your leafs

i have some flyers that are not fungus gnats, a bit bigger and heavier they dont fly as lightly. on the undersides of leaves i see nothing so far. i also see some small spiders but they are much bigger than spider mites i suspect they are insect eating type. I must apply pesticides, I really hate to do that while i have plants flowering, even though my pesticide is organic potassium soap. I can remove plants and apply pesticides outside then clean up really well before putting them back in, but that is a hard job, i will try to work around it until i harvest

I do not think this is a pest--I think it is nutrient or pH related and/or environment. Please do not use pesticides unless you know for sure that you do have pests and what those pests are and that what you are using is going to eradicate them. With pests, whatever does not kill them truly makes them stronger (and more resistant to pesticides). If you have flying things try one of those sticky hangy things.

Let's talk nutrients and pH. What are you feeding them, how often, what are your ppms? PH? Also temps and RH?

THG I hope that it is only nutrient related, ppm was around 1000 and ph was just a bit off at 6.1, BUT the res was old, really old, like over a month and i was not that careful whenever i topped it i think i never added trace elements after the initial res filling. the pesticide that i wanted to use is potassium soap and that is organic so i don't worry a lot about it, and tbh, years of growing indoors and in greenhouse, mj and different veggies, i came to a conclusion that flood and drain in growrocks is much less prone to pest infestation than other systems. I know very little about pests because I never have anything serious happening. Early on I used to have those nasty bud eating spider colonies that were really nasty but never saw them ever since i stopped growing mother plants in soil. Anyway res is finally refreshed yesterday, ph was 5.9 an hour after res change ill check again today, I am not overly worried about it, just want to diagnose it, and go on, my flowering chamber is doing great, no problems there whatsoever :D and I am excited to try the 2 new strains Y-Griega and AfghanKushxYumboldt, they are still young plants and I don't want them going unhealthy on me now

Those buds look really nice zem. I'm gonna have to read your quick dry method I'm curious....

I spotted some powdery mildew on my Delahaze leaves, I did not expect this in my humidity levels not above 40s but I guess it got a bit crowded on the delahaze side and clearly it is more prone than the other 2 strains. anyway, I just need a quick tip how to deal with that, I am thinking, chop all affected leaves and buds if any, the contamination is not spread into any bud, I have encountered problems with moldy bud before and mildew only on vegetable leaves first time with MJ. I did of course turn on my dehumidifier and will take more action very soon, just need to decide what to do, I am at 60 days 12/12

If you can take it now I would, I don't think there is any stopping mold spores once they are in there that late in flower. I cut away all visible mold. And use a loupe and look at those ugly spores in the middle of the bud. Take your losses and get it out of there. Not worth the damage to lungs. Good luck zem.

rose is powdery mildew the same as mold? it looks very different and attacking leaves as far as i saw

I began chopping it and checking under the microscope, I cannot find any bud contamination, some sweetleaf contamination and more on bigger leaves. I think I am past 60 days, i was stupid not to mark the beginning of the cycle, but the trichs look good enough to ]harvest and the plant looks great all in all. I was just about to harvest Critical anyway, I will be left with just Satori to finish by itself :) thinking again, I think I will keep like half of Delahaze for later on now that i fired my dehumidifier. What's nice too is that Satori is clearly resistant to powdery mildew, its leaves are touching some affected Delahaze leaves, and nothing so far happened to her :D

This mildew is different that mold, but the spores definitely look nasty, like fibrous webs I don't want to smoke that, but it seems to affect leaves first unlike mold which attacks the heart of the bud first

yes, they are both fungi, PM is white and mold can be different colors. They may not be the same exactly, the they both have spores and can live on the ground until the leaves they are on are taken away and burned.. they are easily spread. They both are harmful to your lungs. You can rub off Pm but still see its damage to the leaf.

thanks, so you think I can clean pm? how seriously do I chop my plant? I only cut a branch and some leaves so far, I can still clean it up you say?

Latest posts

Back