growing temperatures in winter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddog

Reaction score
has anyone used a thermostat hooked up to your exhaust fan to control room temp in the winter. The reason i am asking i am trying to not put a heater in grow room to save on electric bill and let the heat coming off the light keep the room temps up and let me say that the room is in a outside building. I have a line voltage thermostat i am working with but the temps swing to far no matter where i put the thermostat. think i should try a different one.

im trying to work out the same thing myself. i've started running my lights at night for now untill i figure out away to keep a steady temp. by changin my light/on time to the coldest part of the night my temps stay 60-70 F with outdoor temps get down to 40F and lower the last few days. but thats not gonna last much longer. i think im gonna have to break down and buy a heater anyway..

Yes, use your lights for heat. Use a Temp controller to control your exhaust fan.
Change the XX to TT

hXXp://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=571&navid=6

What are you going to do during the dark period? I would just get a small heater set to turn on whenever the lights go off.

IllusionalFate said:
What are you going to do during the dark period? I would just get a small heater set to turn on whenever the lights go off.

He is right at night you will run into issues. I would just bye a baseboard heater of something. U don't need anything all that big just to keep your ladies warm.

Insulation could also help keep your night temps up. Insulate your grow area really well and it will hold heat alot longer.

hey buddog.. good thing we in the same boat...

my shed don't have insulation.... I only use the power heater (not ceramic kind) the one that look like old fashion metal stripes that has 2 flip switch, and heater controller saying low, med or flip both for high.. 1 to 7 turnable heat controller I cant remeber what its called.. but it does keep the shed warm as 70 degree even over night while outside is 34 degree... and my 2 males lives outside right now.. and survives and could withstand the colds!! word up!

Latest posts

Back