Growing w/ HabitualConcepts: A Stoner's Story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HabitualConcepts

It just come natural
Reaction score
I was actually writing in a journal for about the first week. Once i find it I'll throw it on here, and try to remember the rest. Surprisingly, I have a pretty good memory...at least for weed.

Day 1:
Planted 3 type seeds I couldn't distinguish, dark brown striped #2, greenish light #1, whitish #3, about 3" below the topsoil.

#1 planted w/ mid seeds inself watering planter w/ 24/7 35w blue aquarium light. (4" plant size pot)

#2&3 (2 pots) planted in clear plastic bowls w/ no water exit holes. Both are splitting one 35w blue aquarium bulb @ night and natural daylight. (6" plant size pot)

Temp-open window; low humidity, cool day for about 4 hours, otherwise in apt w/ fan @ 72F.

Water-try to get faucet water to room temp; forgot to use Brita filter. Sat jug of water out to dechlorinate.

P.S. Used Miracle Grow Organic Potting Soil. Said two months worth of nutrients, but I give it maybe 1.

B/c lack of light to 2&3 from sharing, I have placed the blue bulb on 2 @ night and give 3 only day light and leave in fluorescent kitchen light @ night until I go to bed..

Topsoil seems to be very dry on 1, and very humid soil in 2.

Watered soil lightly. Let 2 get light @ bed time from overspray from 1&3. Put holes in 2&3's containers to allow drainage.

Day2:

Morning light came over plants thru window. then placed in window w/ continued light support to 1&2 from bulbs.

Lightly watered in morning and about to at 6 and 11. Emptied old excess water. Later, found out I should be flooding plants 3 times a day about every 4 hours. Since I'm lighting 24/7 I'm thinking about every 4 hrs. Also, flooded at 2 am.

Now have found out the dark seeds are most mature. I've switched priority from 3 to 2. Still think it will be best since care has been best thus far.

Need 2 add perlite and test pH. Also, find better way 2 drain 2&3.

Temp-dropped a lil today to bout 65F and was slightly humid 4 a lil while as well.

1&2 are overspraying light to 3 @ night.

Ordered LED lamp on ebay.

You know I noticed the same thing. I didn't use a orange bag, but the knew organic mix they came out with. The old bag was brownish with the new style predominately white with green. It all seemed like bark, but I thought it would decompose to smaller pieces. Now that I've seen everyone's soil in vids and what not I pretty sure I screwed up. More entries still due to put in.

Day 3:

Woke up @ 12 and sunlight was shining on plants. Overcast day. put them in window, and kept light support from lamps.

Flooded all three, but soil was still very moist already in 3. 1 was perfect, and 2 was close (dryness). (12,4,8:30,12:30)

Noticed a lot of flys, probably from leaving door open. NEED FLY PAPER

Due 2 serious overcast, I put second light 23/7 on 2. Think I'll continue this regardless. 3 is cold w/ overcast light. Left window open till about 4, but then started raining.

Saw that you are suppose to have walls of grow op covered in white, so I'll use my giant white curtain for the same effect. Although, I'm pretty sure it won't reflect as much as absorb. At least it's white lol

Soil is becoming very firm

Don't worry growdude this is just one of my rookie mistakes I made a couple weeks ago. I'm just adding in all my inserts to get up to date, and pinpoint my mistakes. Man with just a few weeks under my belt I feel like such a dumb dumb writing some of this stuff.

Day 4:

Shitty day. All but 3 stayed under light. 3 is in window.

Flooded @ 8,12:30,8,12PM. Not watering 3 before bed anymore; too moist.

Making apt warmer to see if it helps. 72F on heat. Really cold out, still rainy.

3's light regiment is getting fucked up. Pretty sure it's doomed.

Day 5:

Light is pretty legit today.

Kept apt warm about 73F.

Not going t owater plants w/ flood system anymore. Well I will but not every 4 hours. They're not drying enough.

Impatiently dug up seed in 3&1. 3 looks unchanged w/ 1 looking like the seeds are growing.

Sun was out till 5, and I wasn't here so they sat in dark for 2 hrs. When I got back it smells like mold. I opened all windows and turned all fans on high.

Won't water again until soil is dry and mold smell is gone.

Day 6:

Did nothing for water

Kept apt warm 73F

Bright sunshine all day and got HE bulbs for room (not lamp).

Day 7:

1 sprouted and I think 2 is on it's way!!!!

Gave 1 a lil water, left 2&3.

Getting ready to go back home, and putting plants in floorboard out of light.

Day 8:

Gave 2 and 3 to a couple of my buddies from home. I gave 2 to a more competent friend hoping for good results. He seems very enthused. 3 I gave to someone with...hopes.

Went out last night and got a HE 932 lumen CFL bulb for my lamp. Seems to be doing pretty dang good compared to that POS blue bulb.

Watering once a day as long as soil is dry.

Fan in my room is much powerful than one at school.

Rents keep this house an ice box. Going to have to change that. It was 67f last night.

Day 9:

Really not changing much; about 1" 1/2.

Got 30w LED bulb @5200K. Freaking bright as hell

Got house temp down up to 70F

Day 11:

Fed up w/ lack of continued growth. Maybe I shouldn't have changed the CFL for LED?

Watered once and sat outside in sunshine

My damn dog ripped the pot off the fence and used it as play toy!!!!!!!! Plant was intact laying in a bed of its soil. Attempting to revive it.

Placed in humid bathroom Jamaican shower style.

Bought some Miracle Grow Organic Liquid Nutrients to maybe help its recovery.

Starting to look more intensely on changing setup to something more productive.

Day 12:

Plant seems to be "ok"/ erect, but I'm pretty sure I gave it nutrient burn.

Gave it just a little drink to wash off leaves of nutrient spray.

Keeping inside under light.

Looking at hydroponics setups. Found marijuana passion with loads of info and help.

Bought hydroponics grow kit including: hydrotones, net pots, pH meter, flora series nutrients, and rockwool. Going to get bucket pump and air stones tomorrow.

Need to focus on better lighting.

HabitualConcepts} Ordered LED lamp on ebay.[/quote said:
What???????? I thought you were going to order HPS and MH and/or T5s? What in the world could possibly have made you decide on an LED?

LOL calm down. I was just putting in my journal entries as I had wrote them down in my notebook. I had bought this and wrote about it I think a week ago. I have learned quite a bit more than I knew then, and thanks to y'all I have been shown the light...no pun intended...oh well can't help it lol. No, at this point I'm almost got my mind set on the 600w HPS.

I have to say, y'all really make a guy feel welcome on this site. For me the out pouring of help and sincere concern is really appreciated. In this day and age you just don't get a lot of that. Especially, not as the new dumb dumb on the block. :)

Day 13:

Decided to put plant in the more intense natural light to help it recover, and it looks to have done a 180!

Still foliar feeding, with just a little drizzle on the soil once a day.

Bought pretty sweet air setup. 100 gal pump to a 3 way splitter going to two 18" air tubes along the side of the buckets walls and a 5" air disk on the bottom of the bucket. I feel like this should be more than sufficient.

Tried a diy grow light, but I think it's not too practical. Cool looking maybe, but not practical. ripped that POS LED out and replaced w/ a 23w CFL @2700k and 1600 lumens.

Been getting lots of help from MarPass. Looking at HPS systems maybe something in the 250w range. Not sure on the wattage I need yet. Going to throw some threads up to try to figure it out.

Returned all the crappy nutrients and fountain pump to get my air system.

Latest posts

Back