growing with issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowhatyoudo82

Reaction score
I've got several plants growing indoor. Two of the most mature are now showing upward curling and downward as well. Yellow tips and some burnt tips. I added recently several cfl lights to my t5banks already in place. I noticed it getting hotter than normal so I turned them off. Along with that I was running my oh more towards the 7 range. I am about to stick one of the ladies into flower or was going to... but don't know what could be causing these not so desirable symptoms... any help is appreciated

Ph needs to be around 6.5.

Do you have a digital ph meter?

Pics?

Lights could be to low... Who knows w Opics and more info

What were your temps? What kind of ventilation do you have set up? Heat can cause the leaves to curl.

Temp has been between 74 and 78. Went up to 82 at one point. Shut the lights down that I added. Temps went back down. I don't have a digital pH reader yet. But check it with the low grade pH checker from GH. I will post pics shortly. Ventilation... 6" inline with fresh air in. 6" inline sucking air out... more than enough cfm power for my space.

Leaf curling can be a couple different things from too dry of air blowing on them to a deficiency. However, leaf tip burning is typical of over-nute(over-feeding with nitrogen). If this is the case, it can also lock out other nutrients and cause the leaf curling deficiency.

What kind of soil are they in and what are you currently feeding with and how often? And do you adjust the PH of your water going in? to what? :)

They are in happy frog soil... a little extra perlite mixed in. I adjust the pH with every feeding. I have just gotten a little more broad in my pH level. Up to a 7. Wrong choice. As far as feedimgs... I have been typically going distilled water at right pH... then usually 3 days later another pH balanced feeding. Then a nutes feeding 3 days after. Mixed with about everyday a good spritz of pH balanced water on leaves. Usually to run off.

I guess I feel like it was more due to the heat and maybe a touch of nutes. Up to this point I haven't really had any issues at all.

The part I am having troubles understanding is the curling up and down.... new growth up.... older larger fan leaves Down....

I personally would suspend the foliar "spritzing" as that could possibly be causing the curling. I also suspect that you may be overfeeding a bit as that can cause both curling and tip burning. A leaf curl that makes the leaf look like a "claw" shape is sometimes an early sign of a type of over feeding.

I believe the happy frog is a fairly hot soil and if you are also adding nutrients even on occasion, then you are very probably over feeding. Even if you cut out the feeding for a week, you will not see any difference, it will take some time to notice the change. How old are the plants that are affected and how big are they?

Happy frog isn't that hot. The nutes in it only last about three weeks. It is organic so why the ph ing? How often is every feeding and what are you feeding?

can you post pics?

Taco inward? Light to low, Curving inward or sagging leaves off the main vein -over nuting or ph swing to vast

Pics will help.

Ok.... feeding about every three days roughly. I'm working on pics now. I know the lights aren't too low. I did have them close when they were younger but not for the last month or so. One plant is a mother and the other I want to send through to flower now. Why would the spraying with water be causing the curl?

water wouldn't cause curling but the water droplets can act as lil magnifying lenses and burn those spots onto your leaves.

maybe some gorilla glue?

:giggle:

don't know bud, wife doesn't allow me to have a phone...:rofl:

Latest posts

Back