H.P.S info...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycloneare1

Reaction score
Ok so my baby plant recently died due to over-watering and i decided to restart with an hps lamp instead of the fluorescent bulb i have. What wattage of lamp should i use (keep in mind i am going to home depot and the lamps there arent very well labeled)? i am doing this in a grow box 1.5' wide by 2' long and 3' tall and am using 3 flowering pots...

I would think a 150-175 watter should be fine...

i would def. get hps, but flower under floro light using 6500*K "cool white" bulbs. plants when veggin out require blue wave length of light than hps has to offer. flower period is when you run hps, @ 12/12 light cycle & it contains more red wave length which is needed for the "friuts" of the plant.

I also recommend vegging under a fluoro and flowering with a HPS. I think that a 400W for that size box is too much, I also think that a 70W is too little--you really want 50W per sq ft. So maybe check out a 150-250 HPS. Sun Systems has some inexpensive lower wattage HPS with enclosed ballast, but most of these have flanges and glass to air cool them. In a small box, I think that you are going to have to air cool your light.

Start some new seeds and veg them under fluoros and do some research on what wattage and kind of HPS is best for your situation. I have gotten some really good buys off E-Bay.

yeah dude.. I would imagine that a 150W HPS would do. but def. us the 65K fluorescent. I made my grow lamp myself. I got everything but the reflector at ballistkit.com, they were a lot less than homedepot and I got my reflector on craig'slist good luck

Latest posts

Back