Happy Newyear outdoor growers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slartibartfast

Don't Panic
Reaction score
I just got my new babies in the ground on May 25. Last year was my first and I grew a wildly successful single AK48. I couldn't have done it as well without the patient advice from all of you MP members.

Here are the pics of last year's harvest: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165052&postcount=1
That was at the end of last September. I would never have believed I'd still be smoking it today, and still have about a month's supply left. Love that AK.

This year I have a pair of Willie Nelsons (sativa) and a Citralah (indica). The Willies are healthy, but just getting rooted good, so they should really take off soon. If they get too tall (I've heard 5' or more), I may have to stunt them a bit, just to keep them out of site of the neighbors. The Citralah already looks like a baby Christmas tree.

The days are in the 90s here and getting hotter. The best lesson I learned last year is to not over-think it. It's a weed, after all.

I expect I'll be checking in here when questions arise, and now that I'm semi-experienced, I can actually answer a question here and there.:D

What nutes and soil did you use for that ak-48 grow?

FLA Funk said:
What nutes and soil did you use for that ak-48 grow?
I mixed a bag of the same potting soil I use for tomatoes and flowering plants, no special brand, with a generous heap of peat moss and another heap of mushroom compost(not Black Cow, it sucks). All of that goes into a 14" wide pot with generous holes in the bottom edge. Then I work about a teaspoon of the store brand version of Osmocote slow release into the soil (I think it's 17-17-17), not too deep. Be careful with that, it's easy to use too much. None would probably be okay too.

I buy everything at Lowes. No need for premium stuff, we're just growing weeds anyway. I plant a rooted cutting pretty deep, enough to bury the lower leaves, and wet it thoroughly.

After it gets nearly full sized (not before, or it can get too leggy), I mix a weak dose of plant food, like generic Miracle Grow, with a half gallon of water and pour that on them every two or three weeks. I quit that a couple of weeks before harvest.

I hope this doesn't disappoint everyone who strives to use all kinds of special stuff, but it works for me.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I like to toss in a hand full of earthworms too.

man that sucks but yeah it was something bigger because it would dig up the babys then eat them think it was a deer cause i saw a few deer prints around them

Latest posts

Back