Happy thanksgiving/Columbus day MP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaotik

MrInvisible
Reaction score
just wanted to say a quick happy thanksgiving to my fellow canucks, and a happy columbus day to my yankee friends :)
to my oversea's friends.. well i don't think you guys have anything today.. so i dunno, happy monday? (if that isn't an oxymoron) ;) :p

helllllllo and good morning yalll. excited for the turckey giving today..mmmmmmm love that turkey... ribs and steak tonight ;)
happy thanksgiving yall..
LH
enjoy er all

Mmmmm, wish I was having turkey and all the fixin's but I gotta wait til next month.

Thanks kaotik, and enjoy your day. Have some dark meat for me. :D

SmokinMom said:
Mmmmm, wish I was having turkey and all the fixin's but I gotta wait til next month.

Thanks kaotik, and enjoy your day. Have some dark meat for me. :D

theres so much i could say but im not gonna touch that one.

lmao dman. White meat has always been to dry for me. I prefer the dark when we have chicken as well.

Its funny, my bro is the same way. When we have Turkey Day at my moms, she always sends us home with a care package of the remaining dark meat cuz no one else eats it.

yeah not a big dark meat fan SM.. i will gladly eat an extra piece of pumkin pie for ya though :D

mmmm turkey day, can taste it already :)

Yumyumyum, I LOVE pumpkin pie. Hope you don't ruin yours with whipped cream. :p

LMFAO!!

:D

Pardon me for showing my ignorance, but who is having T-giving in October? Is that a Canadian thing? Either way, I wish it was T-giving for me:)

cmd420 said:
Pardon me for showing my ignorance, but who is having T-giving in October? Is that a Canadian thing? Either way, I wish it was T-giving for me:)

Yes...

And me too....we have like 6 more weeks. :(

Thanks giving is about the harvest.
Canada is further north than the US so the harvest is earlier as cooler temps begin.

Therefore, in Canada, Thanksgiving falls on the second monday in October.

I always take the US thanks giving off too...cuase i LOVE Football.

Thanks Kaotik happy monday everyone!! cant wait for turkey day! the key to moist white meat is a cheese cloth over the bird til the last hour and basting often...yummy time.

SOOO FUNNY 2 Dog! solid call on the cheesecloth!..

another trick (it's a pain, but worth it) is to cook the turkey upside down for the first half of it's time in the oven...

all the juices run inside the bird and get evenly distributed throughout the bird..

instead of the breast meat at the top getting all dry because gravity draws the moisture downwards..

cmd420 said:
SOOO FUNNY 2 Dog! solid call on the cheesecloth!..

another trick (it's a pain, but worth it) is to cook the turkey upside down for the first half of it's time in the oven...

all the juices run inside the bird and get evenly distributed throughout the bird..

instead of the breast meat at the top getting all dry because gravity draws the moisture downwards..

This seems to make sense..
im trying it soon..

look for the Turkey report.

dman1234 said:
I always take the US thanks giving off too...cuase i LOVE Football.

I love it too, especially if the Cowgirls are losing. :D

Alright smoking mom leave my cowboys out of it, who do you like?

Uh-huh. thought so. When your ready to follow a real team.. come on over:p :D

Today 10:00 AMSmokinMomMmmmm, wish I was having turkey and all the fixin's but I gotta wait til next month.
:eek: Oh really!?! ...:p
cmd420another trick (it's a pain, but worth it) is to cook the turkey upside down for the first half of it's time in the oven...

As offended as I may be right now:rolleyes: :p ..I agree 100% with the upside-down method as it allows more fluid to flow toward the breast, which IMO could never be a bad thing.. everybody loves a juicy breast:hubba:

Seriously though, how many of you guys eat the 'actual' turkey neck? It's very common out here in the sticks..soulfood:cool:

No, the best way to cook a turkey is outdoors in the smoker. :D YUMMM!

agreed...or maybe a deep fried turkey...

however, I don't have the means to produce such a fine culinary delicacy...

wish I did tho! :)

Latest posts

Back