Harvesting seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve_reeves

Reaction score
Does anyone know how most breeders harvest seeds? Are some strains easier to harvest seeds from than others? I've read that some breeders harvest seeds by plucking them from the calyxes by hand or hitting them against a sieve, has anyone ever tried other methods like shaking them over a tarp or hitting them inside a trash can?

I hope thats not yur real name Bro.

I don't do seed runs but when I do wind up with seeded bud it is not real difficult to remove the beans. I usually pluck them by hand, but then again I am usually only dealing with a handful of beans at most. 100's of seeds might call for a different method. Let's see what some others with more experience say.

Welcome to MP and I am assuming that is not your real name....at least I sure hope it's not.

If you just look at the plant too hard when they are ready they start dropping, carefully removing a branch will cause atleast 1/3 too fall but still have to hand pick the ones in the bud.

I let the plant dry out bone...bone...bone...dry...then I cut the buds into a steal screan strainer and use my hand to stir the buds in...the seeds stay in along with stems and stuff..then sift the seeds out..heres a link to a thread I made seeds and how I removed them is on post 37..
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56316

hope this helps..

Oh...and welcome to the passion
:48:

bone dry here as well---most will just fall out with a little kneading

remember the days of using the record album and a credit card to clean your mexican schwagg brick weed---:giggle:---that still works too

orangesunshine said:
remember the days of using the record album and a credit card to clean your mexican schwagg brick weed---:giggle:---that still works too

The good old days...then it went to cd cases and now those have gone the way of the dinosaur and everything is digital downloads now.

yup thats the way the cookie crumbles hamster. i hand picks mine when i first cut then down then just let them dry for a week are two before i try and palnt them. i just learned this lesson pluck 6 seeds from the plant and put them right into the soil. guess what nope nothing popped. so i just dumped the soil right back into bin . when it was time for me to transpant i used the soil i planted the seeds in and what do you know they popped while in the pot with the other plants i am still pulling seeding from the pots .

Hamster Lewis said:
The good old days...then it went to cd cases and now those have gone the way of the dinosaur and everything is digital downloads now.
I never used my Album Covers. But I always had a frisbee, or two, around, to clean the weed.

HomieHogleg

Latest posts

Back